Chapter Eighteen

Heihachi Pov

   Heihachi watched stunned as Lolly's battle went on. Even though she was the only one in his master's thoughts or eyes Heihachi still felt something for the girl. He hated watching her get hurt even though he wasn't the person he once was. His team sat around him perfectly still as though they were watching the match. It was pure luck that no one noticed that they weren't breathing or blinking. Heihachi's thoughts immediately went back to Lolly.

   He could still remember a time when she would smile at him tenderly.

   "Hitachiin what are you doing?" A younger Lolly asked. Hitachiin smiled at his older sister, "Nothing sissy, I was just waiting for big brother to get home." He replied. Lolly smiled at him and sat down next to Hitachiin on the floor.

   "Well, I'll wait with you then." She told him. Hitachiin nodded and laid his head down in his sister's lap. To him she was the kindest person in the world.

   "NO! Don't do this!" Lolly cried as Hitachiin was taken into Soren's grip. Hitachiin was over joyed about being with his big brother. Maybe together they could pursuade sissy to join them. However elder brother turned on Hitachiin.

   Hitachiin felt a rush of fear go through him, "Brother please! I want to be by your side! I want to join you!" Hitachiin cried out. However Soren raised his blade to his younger brother and cut him down without any remorse. Hitachiin screamed out and fell to the pavement.

   As he was bleeing out he then looked at his elder brother. "B-brother..." Hitachiin croaked out as he reached for Soren. Soren of course stepped on Hitachiin's hand and ground it into the pavement. He tried to cry out but his voice was gone as was his hearing. Just as his sight was fading away he noticed that a huge bright light filled his failing vision. 'Am I... going to heaven?' He thought briefly.

   Cold, everything was cold and dark even. Hitachiin didn't know where he was or what was going on but it was cold and there was absolutely nothing around him.

   Only darkness was around. As Hitachiin began to cry he noticed that his tears floated away as if they were weightless. That was the first strange thing to him about this place. 

   The second strange thing was that he was floating and then the third strange thing was that he couldn't talk.

   Hitachiin had no idea of how long he had been there in that void but one day he heard a sweet voice calling. It sounded like Lolly's voice. So naturally Hitachiin ran toward it. He missed his elder sister so much.

   However just as Hitachiin got to where the voice was a painful light struck his chest. All at once the air was knocked out of his lungs and he felt a crushing weight on his chest. He cried out and then immediately felt more pain against his face.

   Hitachiin groaned as he opened his eyes. The light hurt and his head was killing him. Wait, why did he feel like he was taller and broader?

   Sitting up Hitachiin immediately came face to face with Soren. "Brother!" He cried out happily, only to get smacked across the face by Soren. "Shut up. I was hoping that another soul would come back and inhabit this vessel but I guess you'll have to do." Soren spat.

   "Brother... what happened to me?" Hitachiin asked as he looked at his new orange haired and dark eyed body. "You've come back to the realm of the living from the void. Now don't call me brother. Oh and by the way your new name is Heihachi." Soren said.

   Hitachiin... no, Heihachi felt sadness well up deep within his heart. His brother hated him. However he would do anything for Soren. Even if it meant becoming another person. He would help further his older brother's goals as long as he got to be by Soren's side.