Chapter Seven

Shikamaru Pov

  Shikamaru and Genma heard a scream.

Lolly's scream.

  Immediately they stood up fast as lightning. However Fuu appeared and put a hand on their shoulders.

  "Guys... I know but... You know we can't help..." She said. Fuu gripped their flak jacket sleeves and they saw how hard it was for her to ignore Lolly's scream. Her knuckles were white and she was shaking slightly.

  Shikamaru sighed and shakily sat down at the table. He didn't like this one bit.

Lolly's Pov

  I let out a scream in pain as the tiger's jaw closed around my arm. A cracking sound filled the air and I managed to tear my arm away.

  Blood was rolling down from the bite wound and it stung like nothing I'd ever felt before. The tiger was about to leap again, however suddenly needles rained down from the sky.

  The tigers screeched in pain and ran off. "Lolly!" Jinga called. He raced over to me and was immediately I inspecting my arm.

  "God... Give me a second." he said as he started to bind it up. I could only focus on continuing to breathe. My arm was broken, that much was certain. However I felt something horrible in my back.

  "Jinga... Her back..." Shiro said. Jinga turned me over and saw a claw sticking out of the middle of my back.

  "Oh god..." he whispered. I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. The last thing I saw was a beetle fly off.

Shikamaru Pov

  Shino held out his finger and let the beetle land on his finger. "It seems that Lolly's unconscious. They ran into a pack of snow tigers and the leader nearly took off her arm... A claw was in her back as well." he said.

  Shikamaru just stared. That was pretty serious however he still couldn't do anything.

It was eating him alive to just sit here. He slammed his fists down on the table as he just stood there. It was taking every ounce of his will power not to just leap into the forest and save her.

  "Don't worry. I know Lolly, she'll pull through." Tenten said. Shikamaru just sat there still. He really hoped that Tenten was right.

   Shikamaru sat down at the table once more and shut his eyes to try and forget the sound of her distressed screaming. So far he wasn't doing a good job.

Lolly's Pov

  When my eyes opened I found myself against a tree trunk. Shiro and Jinga were fighting against another team of ninja.

  I got up and then winced at the stab of pain I felt in my back. I was going to have to sit this one out.

  I watched as Shiro used his Bladed Blizzard Jutsu paired along with Jinga's Silver Needle Fist Jutsu.

  The ninja from the other team fell back and Shiro and Jinga turned their back on the ninja.

  The third ninja from the other team was about to attack from behind but I stopped them with a kunai knife to the head.

  "Lolly. How are you?" Shiro asked while Jinga located the bells.

 "I'm alright. How long?"

"Nearly two days."

  I nodded at him. So we were only in the third or fourth day. "Alright, let's go." I said and got up.

  Jinga and Shiro were a bit skeptical about letting me walk on my own but I wouldn't accept being carried. Even though my back hurt like nobody's business.

  We careened through the tree tops at a leisurely pace and before long I saw the ending gate. Genma, Fuu, Tenten, Lee, Neji, Choji, Ino, Shikamaru, and many others were all out there waiting with Anko.

  We all kicked it into gear and soon came into their vision. I smiled when I caught their grins. We were almost there.

  Shiro and Jinga leapt through the gate before me in their excitement. They placed the bells in and the gate slid open. However when I was about to walk out of the gate I was knocked back.

  I coughed up blood as I landed on the hurt spot on my back. I looked back up and saw Riza and her team. "Where ya goin Lollysnot?"

  I glared at Riza as I wobbled back onto my feet. I wiped the blood from my mouth and waited for her to start talking.

  However she didn't.

  Riza leapt forward and I careened backward. She hit the spot where I was and I looked for a way around her.

  I stood too long though since her other team mate, Katshiro, sliced me in the back with his kunai.

  I bit back the scream of agony and instead returned with a knife to his arm.

  Then her other team mate, Len, followed up with lightning fast attacks.

  They all kept hitting me until I felt myself getting pissed. I felt my markings start appearing and acted fast.

  I made three hand signs, "Crystal Blast Jutsu!" I snarled. In an instant a huge wave of aqua crystal flew from me and slammed into all three of them. I quickly used chakra from my hands to guide it and then hurled them back into the forest.

  I then turned and had my markings recede quickly. After that I walked through the gates and collapsed. That was it for me as I heard a cracking noise from my back. I was in some deep shit.

Shikamaru P.O.V.

  Shikamaru was the first to Lolly's side. He grabbed her up and leapt for the hospital once more.

  "God... Please be alright." He whispered and went faster. He sailed straight into the hospital where Tsunade and Sakura were. 

   In an instant they looked over and saw Lolly in Shikamaru's hands. "This way." Tsunade immediately said. Sakura quickly came over with a gurney and put Lolly on it. Shikamaru was reluctant to put her down on it but he had no choice.

   They wheeled her down the hall and he was right along side it. He wasn't going to leave her now. Just as she was being wheeled into the operating room Shikamaru was stopped. He looked over and saw Sakura. "This is a job for Lady Tsunade and a few other of our best medical ninja. All we can do is just sit aside and wait." She said.

   Shikamaru didn't want to wait, he wanted to be in there with her. However the stern look Sakura was giving him was telling him otherwise. So he reluctantly resigned himself to a plastic chair when Genma and Lolly's two team mates arrived.

Lolly's Pov

   My eyes opened slightly and I looked over to see bright lights. "Lolly, I need you to go back to sleep." Lady Tsunade said. Her voice sounded distorted though, like she was underwater. 

   I tried to nod but that was just too taxing. So I had no choice but to sleep. I really didn't want to though. My life was flashing before my eyelids and it scared me. I didn't want to die and I certainly didn't want to sleep.  

**********************************************************************************************************

Kaisa-Chan: Alrighty, well that ends this installment :)

Shiro: Yeah, yeah, but what about the action? This was boring.

Kaisa-Chan: Shut up shiro, I'm doing the best I can do. This is my first attempt at this so BACK OFF!

Shiro: O.O

Kaisa-Chan: Fine, I'm sorry.

Shiro: Hn

Kaisa-Chan: Are you pulling a sasuke? * Pulls out squirt gun of happiness*

Shiro: N-No

Kaisa-Chan: Hn.