Chapter 13- Jay's POV.

Lachlan and Rob were holding hands silently while we were trying to patch up their backs and I honestly thought that they were being so brave. Every time someone pressed too hard on their back they would squeeze the others hand and they would squeeze it back. Rob's back was worse than Lachlan's but they were still both pretty bad.

There were lose flaps of skin hanging off Rob's back and it was bleeding pretty badly, as was Lachlan's but because we didn't have enough medical supplies we had to make do with clothing or the bed sheets. We had to spend about 45 minutes cleaning up the blood on the bed sheets after we had bandaged them up but after we had done that everyone was exhausted and ready to collapse again. A bang on the door startled us but the people who came in weren't dressed in black, they were wearing everyday clothes and they handed me a trash bag and then left.

I looked over at Preston and Mitch, who looked completely bewildered and opened the bag to find new bed sheets and spare sets of clothes for everyone, including me. I handed a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and a sweatshirt to Mitch and Preston and left Lachlan's and Rob's clothes on the floor. There was a pair of jeans, a green t-shirt and a black sweatshirt left in the bag for me, which I quickly grabbed out. I looked around at the clothes we had been given and realised that the clothes were all of a darker colour, giving us perfect cover to sneak out at night.

I glanced over at Vikk and Jerome and grinned, seeing them both wearing reasonably dark colours such as navy and black. "Hey Tyler, I think we've got a time to get the hell out of here"

Mitch's POV.

Rob and Lachlan stayed hand in hand for hours, understanding each others pain and when Lachlan's hand went slack I gently positioned his body so his head was resting on both of his arms. The wound on his neck was patched up again but this time Jay had stitched it closed when he was unconscious, worried it might cause more serious injuries later on.

Rob was still looking across at Lachlan the entire time but his eyes were drooping and within seconds he was out like a light. Jay looked at Preston and then me before gesturing for us to change into the clothes we had been given. We did so quickly and when Jerome let out a sudden gasp I turned to see Vikk slump off the bed and onto the floor. His head hit the concrete and he awoke with a gasp clutching his head. He started to squirm a bit and Jerome froze for a few seconds. Tears started to form in his eyes and Jerome pulled him into his chest, whispering hurried apologies. 'Oh god I shouldn't have let you fall, I'm so sorry Vikk.'

Jay went white when Vikk started to whimper and immediately rushed over to their cell, unlocking it and walking in. She wasn't even limping was the first thing I noticed and even though she had the massive bandage on her thigh she was walking reasonably level. She pulled him away from Jerome and started examining his head, before looking into his eyes. She whispered hushed curses under her breath and lay Vikk back on the bed. Jerome placed his arms around Vikk's neck and let him cling onto his hands for comfort and when Jay left their cell she walked back over to her cell and sat on her bed. She placed her head in her hands and crouched over on the bed, covering her ears with her hands, letting her body fall limp.

Preston and I shared a look before rushing to her side and pulling her up to face us. The first thing I saw was the fact that the pupil's in her eyes had shrunk completely, her face was white and her hands were shaking. I looked over at Vikk to see him still clutching Jerome's hands like a lifeline and Jerome was looking at Jay, confused and scared. Jay was slumped sideways on Preston's shoulder and her eyes were half closed. Preston looked up at me and I saw real fear in his eyes. We were breaking down and I didn't know how much longer we could stand it before we all fell apart.

Rob's POV.

I had woken to the commotion of Vikk falling off the bed and when Preston stood from the bed several sudden bursts of pain running through my back. The pain made me feel sick and as I lay there a wave of nausea overtook me and I groaned. Someone walked back over to me and rubbed my shoulders gently, avoiding my back purposely. I turned my head sideways to see Mitch beside me glancing down at me, over to Lachlan, back to me and then over at Preston and Jay.

As the nausea passed I started to wiggle my arms and legs, shaking out the stiffness and groaning as I felt a wave of pain throughout my body. Mitch continued to rub my shoulders and he started to run his finger through my hair as well. I moved my hands from under my head and grabbed one of Mitch's hands, motioning for him to help me sit up. He gently pulled me up and I screwed up my face in pain. As soon as I was sitting up I slumped sideways and Mitch caught me, letting me lean against his shoulder.

I took a quick glance around the room and saw Lachlan fast asleep beside me, Jay curled up in Preston's side and Jerome and Vikk on the bed. I groaned again and wiggled my feet but I was glad to be sitting up again. My back was still extremely painful and although I could bear to sit up I didn't think I could handle walking or even standing up at that point.

Across the room Vikk whimpered again and my head turned in his general direction. He was still clutching Jerome's hands and already I could see a purple-greenish bruise forming on his forehead. I looked at Mitch and he rubbed my arms, but I could see fear and uncertainty in his eyes. Jay and Preston were still curled up together on her bed and even in the few seconds I was watching them Preston leaned back into the wall, almost asleep already. Lachlan was still sound asleep next to me and I kept wondering how long we could stand together as a group.