Chapter 14: The Happiest I've Been

Afaaf's POV

Alhamdulilah, hubby was feeling better in a few days and was beginning to get more cuddly everyday since his sickness was over and no longer keeping us away. We cuddled after fajr, we cuddled before leaving for work, we cuddled when we came back home, we cuddled on the black couch while we talked about cute things, basically we cuddled a lot except while I slept since I needed my personal space for a peaceful sleep and Imran agreed to that.

Slowly beginning to break down the walls I had created around me so high, I felt I was coming closer to Imran every day. I was learning so much more about him. His friends, work, his football craze, his never ending love for good desi food etc. But my personal space was what I still wasn't confident about. I was scared to be so close to him since I hardly let anyone come close to me with the fear of getting hurt at the end. It felt like I'd screw everything up if I let him close. But I shouldn't do this to Imran, I had to put all my trust into him.

Imran: Salamualaikum 😉

I got Imran's message on WhatsApp while I was having brunch with Hareem in the school's canteen so we started chatting.

Me: Walaikumusalam 😄😍 how are you feeling now?

Imran: 😘😘😘 Better. I want to see you.

Me: You just saw me this morning Mr. Husband remember? 😜

Imran: But I want to see you now!😍 So I'm finishing work early and coming to pick you up.

Me: Imran... then Robert will have to drive my car home. This is the third time Robert is going to drive my car home! I told you not to bother him.

Imran: I'm not bothering him. It's his job to look after our cars and take us around. Besides he never complains. Now, don't go off topic. I will come to pick you up around 2:00 then we'll go to a nice halal restaurant. 😉