Chapter 25: Home Sweet Home

Afaaf's POV

     We had been busy looking for a better place to buy and none were standing up to our expectations. We wanted enough space for two families to adjust in but there was no good enough place. I, Imran and Fahad Bhai were tired after going around so many places. For today, the last place we were going to was suggested by Uncle Khan and we weren't expecting it to be good enough since we were losing hope. Fahad Bhai however still had hope so he asked us to be patient and hopeful as well as he drove us to this place.

     It wasn't that far away from Imran's parent's place but it was quite far from mum's. Getting out from the car I saw a man coming over to Fahad Bhai and handed him the keys saying that we were free to look around as long as we liked. I think he was the caretaker there.

     On entering the first thing I noticed was the spacious living room which was in a good condition. The kitchen and laundry area was spacious too but needed lots and lots of dusting and cleaning. There was only one bedroom downstairs which had a built in wardrobe and ensuite bathroom. Upstairs there were two more bedrooms and a bathroom. So it was three bedroom house. There was also a backyard garden and a garage. I was finally satisfied with the space but I think it was going to cost us a great deal of payment.

     "It's really nice and big but the owners are asking too much for it", Fahad bhai said examing the kitchen.

     "I think we can talk with them and agree upon a reasonable cost", Imran suggested.

    "But we will also have to save money for buying new things. Do you think we can manage with all that too?", I asked him still unsure.

     "Yes we can. Don't worry. We have been saving up for this", he nodded at Fahad bhai.

     "It is infact a much 'much' better place in comparison to what we have seen but we should still think twice before we finalise. And I have to ask Amna too"

     So the following days were spent finalising and Alhamdulilah we discussed about the money matters and we thought we could manage moving in this new house now. I was happy that Allah had helped us find a peaceful place. Fahad bhai took Amna so she could see our new house and she liked it too.

       We were supposed to move all the furniture from our and Fahad bhai's room and also buy new furniture for the living room and refrigerator for the kitchen and we had to do all that before Ramadan. It was going to be hard but I had faith in Allah. If Allah had showed us the door to a peaceful place then He was going to make it easy for us In Sha Allah no matter how hard it seemed.

     Imran and Fahad bhai were trying their best to unassemble the furniture on their own. Uncle Khan was helping out all he could. Imran suggested we could just call the carpenter but we couldn't pay him with all the other expenses we were to face. 

     I had started packing up immediately not wasting a single day. There was so much to do and so little time. It was really exhausting too. Sometimes Imran got really tired and wanted the rest of the unassembling to be done by the carpenter but I kept pushing him to do it on his own and there was no use of calling a carpenter especially when he knew how it was done.

     "Come on Imran, what are all those muscles for? For once try to use them for something", I said as I sat on the bed folding mine and Imran's clothes which I were stacking in the boxes.

     "So you think I have muscles? Biceps? Triceps?", he started showing off posing like a bodybuilder.

     "Huh, you have nothing. Look at mine!", I started showing off my bisceps which were hardly visible through my loose kameez but I believed I had something in there.