Chapter 28: Suspicions PART 2

Afaaf's POV

      It was hard to keep my mind under my control and even harder to stop thinking about those pictures.

    The night ago was the first time I ever refused to him. Already I was turned off when I found those pictures and then he brought just one rose for me. He used to bring bouquets. Was he losing interest in me? Was I not beautiful enough? I had never felt so inferior. So that's why he needed shelter elsewhere for his feelings? This was so insane and it couldn't be true. My mood was turned off and I wanted to stay in my space for a little while to think this through. I wanted to know that Imran wasn't doing anything wrong behind my back and for that I needed to convince myself with evidence. But he had taken away the laptop to his work place this day. Was he hiding those pictures? If he was then there was definitely something terrifyingly wrong.

    When he had been away at work, I had searched his drawer and the cabinets. There was nothing suspicious there. I wanted to go thoroughly through his side of the wardrobe but I had no time due to house work. He was going to be home soon too so I had to make dinner.

     When he came back from work, he didn't even talk to me properly like he used to. He just kept saying that he was tired but then when it was time to sleep he didn't lie down but kept using his phone. I couldn't see what was that he was doing on his phone. I was trying my best to hold myself back from snatching that phone and throwing it away. I couldn't even shut my eyes in the fear of not knowing. Then he smiled down at his phone and my heart beat paced up. Why would he smile at his phone? Was he talking to some girl? Was he talking to Maria?

     I turned over facing the other side while I placed the palm of my hand on my mouth, pressing on my lips to not quiver, to hold in the sobs. I closed my eyes, tears wetting my eyelashes. This couldn't be. He is not cheating on me! With I staying quiet about those pictures and him acting oblivious to even the sign of their existence it wasn't going to work out. I decided I would talk to him when I finally build up the courage to even mention such a thing to him. I didn't want to accuse him I just wanted to know the truth behind those pictures in his laptop and I was not finding much ways to do so.

      Finally I had found some time off house chores the following night. It was nice a opportunity since Imran had just went to the bathroom taking his clothes out of the wardrobe leaving it's door carelessly open behind him. The open doors were almost calling me up providing me with the chance to search through his clothing for anything that would prove something to me.

     I got up and opened the doors wide. His shirts were folded neatly on the shelves and his suits hung in the other side. My nervous and slightly shaky hands reached for the pockets in his suits. There was nothing in the first two and others just had some receipts and money. I looked back at the bathroom door making sure it was shut and Imran was still inside. I turned back to the shirts on the shelves. I even smelled them to get any hint of unfamiliar perfume. There was nothing there or even on the two other shelves. There were only things of his daily use. I found a small shopping bag kept at the back of one of those shelves. Something felt wrong about it. I reached for it and looked at it's contents holding it open before myself. It was his hold phone and it's box with it. I heard the sound of the running water stop suddenly. Imran was going to step out. Immediately I threw the bag back at it's place and tried to close the doors quickly.

     "Afaaf?", I turned around to find him looking at me questioningly. My breaths quickened.

    "Yeah", I tried to calm my deep breaths.

      "You need something?", he asked coming closer.

    "No. No. I was just closing the door. You left it open", I turned around, closed the door and sighed in relief.