Chapter Ten

Meredith's POV

~~~

"Who did this?" She shouted directing the question to the entire room.

"Malachi." I said as I sat in the small metal stool and took hold of Alex's hand.

"That insolent little piece of shit!" She shouted. She was clearly angry. Even Aramean, with a smile on his face still staring at her, was keeping his distance. "How dare he do this to Alex! How dare he do this to our brother!"

"Can we not do this anymore?" I asked as the sadness I felt seeped into my voice. It was finally hitting me that Alex was in this situation and there was nothing I could do about it. I feel so helpless. "I can't take much more."

"Oh, Meredith." Hereana said as she quickly made her way to me and brought me into a tight hug making me stand in the process. I buried my head into her neck and finally began to cry. I held onto her tightly as I let it all out. "It will be okay. Alex will be fine." She kept saying trying to calm me down.

"Girl's I apologize for interrupting this, but I suggest moving Alex outside before he destroys this structure." Rebekah said as she nodded towards the King's indicating for them to take Alex outside.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I pulled away from Hereana slightly.

"He is awakening to the rest of his powers. It seems he may have passed his father's first test." She said as we watched the Luther pick up Alex and start to walk out of the room.

We followed him outside staying close but I could faintly see some of the cuts begin healing themselves. I watched as Luther placed Alex in the middle of the training arena behind the pack house. I hope whatever happens would not hurt Alex too much. Suddenly I fell to the ground as the darkness overtook. I could hear the faint screams from the King's and Hereana.

Slowly a bright white light burst through the darkness and slowly a green image came through. After a few seconds my eyes adjusted and I found myself standing in a bright meadow. I slowly looked around admiring the lush green grass and yellow tipped flowers. It was beautiful.

"Hi Meredith." Came a voice I was not expecting which caused me to instantly turn around.

"Alex?" I let out with a gasp as I brought my hands to cover my mouth. A tear rolled down my cheek. "How?"

"I don't know but I really don't mind." He said with a smile on his face as he continued to walk towards me.

I couldn't take it anymore. I instantly launched myself forward and ran towards him. As I neared him I jumped onto him wrapping my legs around his waist and hugging him tightly. I rested my head in the crook of his neck and inhaled his scent. This is where I want to be. Right here next to him. I no longer cared why this is possible or why this actually happened.

"Why are you here?" He asked as his arms tightened and pulled me closer.

"I don't know and I don't care." I said tightening my arms around his neck.

"She is here to aid you in your decision." Came a deep voice behind me and Alex's grip around me loosened. I dropped my legs to the ground and stood before him. I grabbed his right arm and turned towards the unknown man.

"Father." Alex said in a serious tone which took me aback a little.

"Father?" I repeated and turned my head towards Alex.

"Meredith, this is my father, Killian. Father, this is my Mate, Meredith." Alex said just as I turned to see the man Alex called his father.

He was a taller man, at least several inches taller than Alex. He had short soft curled hair and a strong jaw line. He had a very impressive build but his look still gave off an aura of immense power. He had on a pitch black suit with a black buttoned collared shirt and a red tie. He stood with his arms in front of him. His left hand clasping his right wrist.

"What decision?" Alex asked with the same serious tone.

"I have already started your awakening, but it is your decision to complete it." Killian said in monotone. "You will need to discuss it with your Mate. It is a painful process and has a fifty/fifty chance of killing you. But once complete, you will be more powerful than you can ever believe. Decide in the next half hour." He said as he disappeared into a white mist right in front of us.

Alex turned to me. "I am so glad you are here."

"Me too. It's been hell since you saved me." I said as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"What do you mean? What happened?" He said with worry filling his voice.

"It's been four days and you still haven't woken up." I said as I placed my head against his chest which I just noticed was bare. Why isn't he wearing a shirt? Why didn't I notice sooner? "And you have all these cuts across your body which just keep appearing. Your mother says it is your past injuries coming back, but Luther said you weren't injured during your fights. How did you get them?"

"How did you know about my fights? Did Luther tell you? He wasn't supposed to." I felt him tense as he said that.

"He didn't. It was your mother. She told me." I said and looked up at him.

"I should've known. But Luther was correct, I didn't get that many injuries while fighting." He said as he looked down to me.

"Then how did you get them?" I asked softly.

"Well when I began fighting I didn't really give the crowd a show. I never made it entertaining for them, I just killed. They didn't like that. They drugged me with some kind of silver-ish looking liquid that weakened me and they tortured me until I gave in and gave them what they wanted. I began to fight with more showmanship, so to say. My fights became the most talked about topic in the arena.

"It took a lot out of me but I managed to keep my head. Even in the times when I wished I could just give up I remembered your face when your father had you reject me. It looked so pained and I knew I had to survive for you. So I did."

I couldn't believe what he was saying. Not only did he fight in an arena, he had to kill for sport. He had to make the fights entertaining for the audiences. He has been through so much because of what my family put him through.

"So what are you going to decide?" I asked him and hugged him close.

"I have to keep you safe. If that means going through with this and risking my life, I will. I cannot have you hurt by Malachi again. I need you with me." He said as he looked me in the eyes.

"You don't have to. You are already powerful, you fought against Malachi in equal footing. You can already keep me safe and plus I'm pretty strong myself. We can do this." I said trying to reassure him.

"No. I need to do this. Malachi was stronger, he was toying with me. I saw it after the fight when smile at me and flew away. I have to get stronger, I can't lose you again." He said. "I will do it."

"Then it will begin." Killian's voice rang out. "Say your goodbyes. Meredith is going back to land of the living and we will begin the awakening."

"See you soon." Alex said as he lowered his head and brought his lips to mine. It felt like home. I was happy and content to be here for all eternity. It was a soft kiss but it meant everything between us. He broke the kiss and smiled.

"Be safe." I said and my vision changed. I was on the ground staring at the dark grey sky with Godric and Luther hovering over me.