Chapter Eighteen

I watched as my brother fell to the floor with blood seeping out of the stems that once held his wings. His blood began to pool around him as he screamed in pain. Why didn't I feel anything for him? He is my brother and yet I felt nothing?

I turned towards Meredith's lifeless body and began to slowly walk towards her. How could I lose her after everything we have been through? Why did fate hate us so much? What have we ever done to them to deserve something like this?

My knelt beside her and brought her head to my chest holding her tightly as I let my tears fall down my cheeks. I picked her up in a princess cradle as her arms fell limply to her sides.

I wanted to go home.

I wanted to leave hell and return to the lake I was going to take her for our first date. I could bury her there. She would probably love that.

I opened a standing portal which surprised me as I didn't even know I could do such a thing. The portal looked as if it shimmered into existence and continued to shimmer as if it was pulling the fabric reality apart and holding it there. I could see the pack house within.

I walked through the portal at the same time Malachi made a dash for it. He followed me through the portal as blood continued to pour from his back.

I heard the gasps and stifled screams that came from the pack and the King's when they finally noticed I was walking towards them. Hereana had her hands over her mouth as tears just began to pour down her cheeks. My mother looked pained. My father on the other hand seemed the same as if nothing wrong has occurred.

I closed the portal just after Malachi managed to get through and placed Meredith down before Hereana's feet. I looked up at her and could see she noticed how I was losing my humanity. My eyes were losing their shine but continued to glow blue.

"Take care of her while I finish this." I said as I stood up still staring at Meredith's lifeless body. "We can plan her funeral afterwards." I turned towards Malachi and began to stalk towards him.

When I stood about half a meter away from his crouched form I kicked his chest as hard as I could which caused him to roll dozens of times across the field before he smashed into the few remaining standing trees behind him.

He coughed up blood as I appeared in front of him as if instead of speed, I teleported there myself. It felt as if I teleported.

"Please stop." Malachi said as I noticed a stream of blood seeping from his left ear.

"An eye for an eye, Malachi." I said in monotone. "You took life from me so now I will take life from you." I could see the fear plastered on his face. I bent down and grabbed his throat. I lifted him into the air while I increased the pressure on his throat.

I pulled back my left arm and shot my fist through his chest. A mangled cough came from Malachi's lips as more blood poured from his mouth. I pulled my fist out of his chest as more blood pour from the wound. I watched as the life left his eyes and his arms fell limp at his sides.

I dropped him and turned. Leaving him to rot where he fell. He didn't deserve to have a proper burial. He didn't deserve to have a burial. Period. I made my way over to Hereana and Meredith.

"I want to bury her by the lake. Where our first memory was created." I said as I knelt down and stroked her right cheek. She felt so cold.

"You wont need to do that." My father said as he stepped closer to my mother.

"And why is that? She's dead." I shouted at him. "She deserves to be buried."

"You misunderstand me, son." He replied.