Chapter 2

//EDITED//

Seeing a human die before your eyes isn't a pleasant sight, and I think I am so shocked, my body has shut down. At that moment, my lovely phone decides to ring,. Which fortunately wakes up my body, but unfortunately it also draws the attention of the murders.

Oh shit.

Holy crap what do I do?

"Um....hi," I say, giving them a small smile. "You guys wanna hear a funny story?"

They all blink at me, confused, as the girl who just witnessed their little charade and was now talking to them. I mean, they should be surprised, 'cause I sure as hell am. I mean, hello stranger danger. And what do I do next? I continue my "funny story".

"So I was looking for that new Thai restaurant, ya know, and I used my GPS, right." I continue even though my audience is not responding very well. I mean, they are just straight up rude. "Well, this is the funny part, it lead me here. Crazy right!" I laugh and it comes out sounding like an evil laugh, cause I'm shaking so much with nervousness.

The three men look at me with stone-faced expressions.

"Okay, well adios chicos," I say, with lightning speed.

With that, I turn around and run the other way, with my dear, sweet life on the line. As I run, I hear heavy footsteps just behind me. I scream internally, and push my tiny legs to move faster. The cold wind stings my face as I rip past the alley. Droplets of water start to fall and hit my body, stinging my face.

Great, all I need now is fucking rain! Today is so not my day.

The footsteps grow distant, and I take the opportunity to duck behind a stack of boxes. I sit down on the cold, wet ground and bring my knees close to my chest.

"Where the hell is she?!" roars the gunman.

I shiver at his cold voice, and wrap my arms tighter around my legs.

"I think we lost her sir," replies one of his minions.

"I don't care if it takes all night, you better find that girl and end her before morning! We can not have any more complications!"

I go rigid as he says those words.

End her.......before morning.....

"Why the hell are you still here? GO!!!!" He roars.

The two men run hurriedly in opposite directions and the gunman walks away, leaving me there alone. My heart is pounding so hard I am afraid they might hear me and come back. Fearing they will, I stay in that very uncomfortable position for more than an hour. It gets so dark that I can't see what is in front of me. The rain hasn't stopped either. Convincing myself that the killers are long gone, I slowly get up and walk back home.

Once I get there, I slam the door shut, and put a chair in front of the door for extra protection.

'As if that will hold them back.' I think to myself.

Ignoring my negative thoughts, I lock all the windows, close all the curtains, and lock the door leading to the balcony. Once I have made sure that everything has been double, and triple, protected I dump myself on the couch. I am still wet, but I am too lazy to get up, so I take the time to go back over the events of a few hours ago, to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

I saw a woman being tortured.

I saw that woman killed.

I basically talked to murders, and they were strangers.

And now I fear my life is going to end soon.

OH MY GOD!!!! I am still too young to die, I mean I am only twenty for crying out loud! And do you know who's fault this is?

Mrs. Emma Henson.

Why? Because she's the reason I had to work late today, for that damn promotion! If I wasn't out late, then I wouldn't be feeling like shit. If I didn't feel like shit, I wouldn't have taken the damn shortcut. If I hadn't taken the damn shortcut, I wouldn't have witnessed a fucking murder scene. So this whole problemo traces back to that old, cold-hearted incarnation of Satan.

Why do I have such bad luck?!!

As I sit, thinking, I feel a light touch on my right shoulder. My body goes tense and rigid as I feel the faint touch. There is only one thing going through my head as I sit on the sofa with my heart beating fast.

They've found me.