Chapter 15

Mike ^^

*************************************************

//EDITED//

I have done some crazy things in my twenty years of living. When I was twelve, I ran into the corner store and asked what year it was. One of the employees told me and I screamed, "It worked!" and ran out again acting like a kid with an ice cream. When I was fifteen, I used my new number to send my brother a text that said: "I hid the body," and Oh My God did I freak him out. It was pretty damn funny until he called the cops on me. However, of all the idiotic things I've done in my life, this is by far the worst. And even though I won't admit it out loud, I am scared shitless about what is gonna happen next.

"This is a stupid plan," Mike states for the tenth time.

"Mike, will you just shut up and do what I ask!," I order.

"Hey! I highly recommend that you talk nicely to the guy that has your life in his hands."

I roll my eyes, "Stop being so over dramatic."

"Darling, if I wanted to, I could turn on every damn alarm in that building and you would have the the whole NYPD on your case in half a second."

"But you love me too much to do that," I sing.

I sure hope he is joking and that he truly does love me—at least a little.

"For your own safety, lets just go with that," he says through the earpiece.

Right now I am crouched down behind a dumpster that is right next to one of the exits. I have on a pair of dark blue jeans, high top converse, and a white shirt hidden by my black Hollister jacket.

"Okay Thea, listen carefully. I can't disable all the alarms and cameras at the same time so you have to move when I say you can, got it?"

I nod my head, but then remembered he can't see me. "Got it, roger," I say.

"The exit doors are open, the alarms are disabled, and so are the cameras, but once you get to the elevators stop until I can disable the elevator cameras."

"Roger, over and out."

"Is that really necessary?"

"Of course it is. It's like a rule that you must follow. Haven't you seen the spy movies, Mike? I mean, have you been living under a rock all these years?" I joke.

"You're hopeless."

"Sometimes the hopeless people are the ones with the most potential."

"Just get the goddamned video!"

"Affirmative, over and out."

As I reach the exit door, I slowly press down on the metal bar. The door squeaks as it opens and I cringe at the sound. Slowly I make my way through the lit hallways, ducking behind doors so I won't be seen.

"Okay, I am at the elevators."

"Good, now put your hood over your head. There are two people in the elevator and you can't wait or I won't have control over the security feed anymore."

"Why can't I use the stairs?"

"Do you want to run up six flights of stairs?"

"No," I grumble.

The elevator opens and I step inside with my head hung low. There are two other people in it as Mike said. One is a janitor and the other has a dark suit on and he looks so familiar, but I couldn't remember where I'd seen him.