Chapter 23

Asher ^^^

//EDITED//

I hate feeling weak. I hate feeling vulnerable, but who ever said that crying is weak is completely wrong.

When things get hard sometimes your eyes have to speak when your mouth can't form words. Crying doesn't mean you are weak it means you have been strong for too long and just need to let go.

I am sitting in one of the benches outside the mansion when I feel someone behind me. I look up and see Asher yet again, glaring at me.

I roll my eyes.

"Did you get a plastic surgery that went terribly wrong or something?" I ask.

He continues to glare at me.

"Seriously dude you're acting like I ran over your cat."

"Miss. Cahill, from the first day I laid my eyes on you I started hating you, and by you gracing yourself with your mere presence right now. Acting childish is not helping your cause, " Asher states nonchalantly.

I turn around and look behind me. Strangely, there is no one there but a tree. I turn to face him again and notice his eyes are on mine.

"You are talking to me?" I ask surprised. Even though that isn't what I would classify as a great first impression, it's the first time he directly talked to me.

"No, I am talking to that tree."

"Oh, well, don't let me stop you. Please carry on, I don't think the tree gets much company anyway."

Asher rolls his eyes. "Teenagers," He mumbles.

"Hey, I am twenty!"

"But you act as if you are a five-year-old."

"What the hell is your problem?!"

"My problem is that a reckless and weak teenager is standing in the way of me achieving something that I have been working on for years."

Unbelievable, does this guy not understand the definition of a teenager? Maybe I should look it up for him.

"If this is about the plans, then I am sorry you're on your own," I say softly and start walking away.

"This is a perfect way of getting revenge!"

I tilt my head slightly to the right.

"What do you mean?"

"Black killed your parents and Walker killed your brother. Lucky for you, they both are after the plans. You finding the plans before them, could help in your vengeance you have been seeking for."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Bullshit! Don't tell me revenge hasn't crossed your mind at least once since the death of your brother!"

He is right, I did want revenge, but now I just need to lay low for a while. I need to collect myself before I do something stupid and get myself into deeper shit.

Before I walk a single step, I am yanked backwards and face Asher again. He is gripping my arms and staring at me with his cold eyes.

"Listen to me Cahill, I will not let you ruin my plans for the second time!"

His voice is filled with authority and so much force it can scare anyone away. His eyes seem like they are black instead of the natural chocolate eyes he has.

"If you think you have so much of a choice in helping us find the plans, you're sadly mistaken. If you do not cooperate with us then I will have the cops reciting your rights as fast as I can snap my fingers. Do you understand me?"