Chapter 31

Ignore the Mortal Instruments title. The lyrics are supposed to kinda represent Asher and Thea somewhat of a relationship. And the pic is of Raph and Char:) Enjoy!

Thea's POV 

It's been about a three weeks since I was kidnapped.  To say I am feeling slightly better would be a lie since I still feel like shit. I did, however, get out of tube feeding which was just terrible and I can physically walk myself to places without help. My bullet wound still hurts but it's bearable and I can finally sleep on back now since my cuts from the glass stopped hurting. 

The boys and I are staying at my family cabin back in New York. Even though the house had terrible memories it had few good ones as well, it was way better than staying in Russia I can tell you that. I am pretty sure the incident scared my opinion on Russia cause turns out I was kidnapped from France and smuggled into Russia. 

Anyways I was glad we came back to the cabin. It turns out one of Grandpa's best friend heard about it and felt sad for him he that he conducted a funeral service for him. They buried his body right next to the big old tree. I knelt beside it and whipped away the leaves falling from the shedding trees. 

BEN WOODS

November 22, 1950 - October 31, 2016

A loving friend, husband, father, and grandfather. 

A stray tear rolls down my face and I give in no effort to wipe it off. Today would have been his 66 birthday if he was still here. Jake and I used to give him handmade crafts when we were kids and he would keep them in a shelf in his room. 

Jake. 

Another person I lost this year without saying much of a goodbye. 

"Ouch women! Raph calm down your women!" 

I jumped from the sudden noise and I turn around. Leo was rubbing his shin while glaring at a girl. She had a white dress and a black winter coat on  with her red hair falling around her shoulders. Her smile could light up a whole room and her eyes were a beautiful hazel color.  Caleb, Raph, and surprisingly Asher was there as well. For the past three weeks, we were here he wouldn't even look me in eye since he was staring at his laptop 24/7. 

"Oh sweety," the girl came up to me and wrapped me in a bear hug. 

I was least to say I was shocked. I am not much of a fan of hugs, especially with a stranger. 

'Who is this,' I mouth to  the boys who were behind her. 

Asher was on his phone and Leo was still rubbing his shin. Caleb and Raph finally caught on that I was uncomfortable and Raph gently pulled the girl away from me. 

"Honey you're scaring her," Raph said. 

"I am not! Your just jealous cause I didn't give you hug today morning."

"No, I am pretty sure you're scaring her."

She looks at me with her big hazel eyes and I swear my heart melted.