Chapter 34

My screams filled the air as gravity pulled me down. The wind ripped past me and my hair swings in different directions making me blind of my surroundings.  My arms were in my front trying to grab air and my legs were kicking like I was underwater. 

All in all, I looked like a mess.  

My body hit cold water and sharp pain erupted around my body from the water piercing through my skin. Water went through my mouth and it burned my insides as I failed to breathe in air. My body was plunging deeper into the water and my body shut down from the trauma it went through.  Then like an angel sent from heaven, someone dived into the water but  I wasn't sure who. Their arms wrapped around me and pulled me towards the surface. 

As soon as we reached the surface I gasped for air. 

"I will try to remember for future references that you and water don't go well much together," said a familiar voice. 

I look up and see a very handsome looking Asher looking at me. I was so close to his face that I could see a few faint freckles around his nose.  His eyes bore into mine and his lips were so damn close to mine that I could almost kiss him. 

Caleb cleared his throat making me jump slightly in Asher's arms. 

"Are you two coming in anytime soon or what?" Leo called out. 

Asher grumbled something and slowly swam over to the edge the pool. Huh, I never saw the pool. 

He sat me down but his arms were still wrapped around my body. I sat upright and raked my hand through my hair to smoothen in back. Slowly I try to stand up on to my feet but I ended up slipping and falling to my right. Before I hit the water again Asher catches me and pulled me closer to his chest. 

What the hell is going on?

Why is he so touchy all of a sudden? 

"We should probably leave now. Black probably sent more people on the way," Raph said. 

"So they were Black's men?" I ask. 

"From they way they fought I would say they were," Caleb replied. 

I nodded my head. "We can leave after I change into something." 

"Okay, then you and Asher go change while the rest of us will be in the car," Raph said. 

I walked behind Asher as we walked back into the hotel and in the elevator. Silence filled the elevator as it started going up. 

"Thank you," I whispered. 

"I didn't do it for you Cahill."

"Here we go again," I muttered. "Asher why can't you just accept me. I mean this is probably the fifth time I am asking you this.  I know you have some kind of heart deep inside of all that coldness." 

"I don't have a heart."

"Then why the damn hell did you save me!"

"Because it wasn't for you!"

"But you must have cared for the person you were doing it for!"

"I can't do this anymore," he muttered. 

The elevator dinged open and he walked out but I grabbed his arm pulling him back. 

"What the hell is your problem?! You do something nice, then you act all nice, and like a snap of a finger you're back to being a douche bag!"

"I have always been one! I am a cold man and someone like me does not deserve to be liked by anyone!" 

"Bullshit! Yes you can be a jerk but you're still human Asher. You still need to feel love or let someone in so you could feel like your not falling apart."