Chapter 11

//EDITED// 

They beat him up in front of me while I watch like a hopeless moron.

Beside me, Walker sits watching my brother being beaten to death and my reaction to it. From his heartless smile, I can tell he is enjoying it. I know he is doing this to get a reaction out of me, and he is doing a damn good job.

Tears roll down my cheeks with each punch that hits my brother. He is bleeding everywhere but he still remains strong. Not once has he shown weakness and I am pretty sure it is because of me. He never liked showing weakness—just like me.

"I think that's enough fun for now boys," Walker says to his men.

He walks over to Charming and pulls him up by his hair. A gun is pointed against his temple and I let out a scream.

"NO!!!"

I start crawling towards him but strong arms pull me back. Tears stream uncontrollably, blurring my vision.

"God please no! Please don't! Please!" I beg.

Yes, I beg. I beg like a poor, homeless, person because if he takes Jake away from me I will be homeless. He is my home, he is my everything.

"He will live, if you answer my questions!"

"I already told you! I don't fucking work for him!" I scream.

His grip on the gun tightens and I hear a soft click.

"Please...no...please don't," I cry.

Surprisingly he lets go of Jake and I crawl over to him. I put his head in my lap and caress his bruised cheeks.

"I will be back Woods. And when I return, I will expect an answer to all my questions or else you will have another death on your hands."

I don't look up at him, all I can do is look at my brother lying in front of me, hurt. My tension slowly disappears as I hear the footsteps become faint and the door shutting.

"Thea, are you okay?"

I let out a small laugh. He is the one who is practically dying, yet he is asking if I am okay.

"I think I should ask you that, Jake."

"Thea, you have bruises and cuts all over you! Who did this to you?!"

"Why? So you can threaten to spread your blood over them?"I scoff.

"Thea, who did this?"

"Look, if I tell you it will only make you madder and right now you need to be calm. You're hurt pretty badly," I say, worried for his health.

"Why are we here? What did that dude mean when he said you need to answer his question? He also said something about you having another death in your hands, did you kill someone Thea?! Are you going to jail? If these dudes are the police, why are they trying to kill us? Did-"

"Why are you asking so many damn questions?!" I cut him off.

"I'm sorry if I'm a bit confused when I wake up in a damn scary basement filled with creepy looking guys! Seriously, basements are already creepy without ten other scary men staring at you like you are going to explode!"

I rub my head to relieve the stress. God, I feel so terrible for dragging Jake into this.

"Plus, I had a date tonight."

"Jake, you would probably have dumped her next week anyway."

"How would you know? She could have been my future wife and the mother of my children!"