Chapter 32

A huge thank you to these people who have been giving me a bunch of comments and votes. Thank you so much and this is truly from the bottom of my heart :) 

Ari_Whispersblurryblossom_hb100,danivalla54 and @NataliaBritt 

As well as  @SomebodyXXXXX ,@stylobebe99, PossessionPossessed and  saiazmm for being the first few people to read my book :) 

Now on with the book!  Hope you enjoy! 

Whenever I was little I used to love watching National Treasures with my mom, yes I was that kid but I loved the movies and so did my mom. The adventure and mystery always kept me going so whenever we had a movie night I would choose those movies. In the first movie Ben Gates and Riley Poole stole the Declaration of the United States because behind it was their next clue to the treasure. Their clues are similar to what my mother has laid out for us so then maybe the way we can see our next clue is if we do what the people in the movie did. 

"Thea, can you please tell us now what's going in your head?" Raph said. 

"Yes please cause honestly I never saw this many lemons in my whole life," Leo said. 

I roll my eyes. 

"Well,my theory is off of a movie I used to watch with my mother. They basically lightly spread the lemon juice over the back of the painting and used a heating tool to make the writing invisible."

"So you're basically going off of a movie that might be or might not be completely accurate?" Asher asks. 

I shrug my shoulders. "This is my only lead." 

"Fantastic," he mutters. 

"Well, do you have a better plan?" I snap. 

He glares at me. "You should try respecting your elders Cahill."

"For God's sakes your only a few years older Martinez!" I yell. 

"And those few years hold more knowledge and hard work than your whole twenty years put together!"

At least he knowledges that I am twenty at least. 

"Guys you can argue about whose mama gave birth first but we really need to paint some lemon juice on this first," Leo interjects. 

"Leo's right erm.....kind of," Char says.

I pick up the brush to spread the juice but Asher stops me. 

"What now Martinez?" I groan 

"I don't think you should do it," He said. 

"Of course, you don't. Would your majesty happen to want to do it?" 

"Actually, I took a class over taking care of artifacts in college," Char says.   

"Let the big kids do it, Thea. If you want I can enroll you back to pre-k, they let you paint there all day." 

I glare at him.

 " You know since you know it all, you should know when to shut the fuck up."

His eyes go dark as they did when he was about to hit me and it scared the living crap out of me. I took a step back and Caleb came between us.