Chapter 5 -- Crashing Red Raven's party

I found it odd that Jonas wanted me to spend time with Mickey instead of talking about our new partnership. He forced me to hang out with my boyfriend. I don't care who you are or what you think about guy friends. They never really like the boyfriend of their girl best friend.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Mickey asks me as he brings another Gatorade bottle my way.

If I see another Gatorade bottle I am going to scream.

"Just great. Really, Mickey, you can go home. I don't want to get you sick."

As much as I loved Mickey I just wanted to be alone tonight. I didn't feel sick, I just didn't feel like being social anymore. Being that tonight was a rare night I wouldn't have homework, I wanted a night to myself. But Jonas knew I would dwell too much on Red Raven.

It just didn't make any sense. If Red Raven could fly this whole time, why didn't he use it to his advantage?

"Della." Mickey snaps his fingers in front of my face. Shoot. I let myself dwell on it.

"Yeah?"

He tucks a strand of my chestnut brown hair behind my ear. He kisses the bridge of my nose, to which I blush. His thumb slides across my cheek.

"It worries me how much you stare into space."

I sit up from my relaxed position on the couch.

"Nick I'm okay. I promise."

His eyebrows quirk and his lip twitches.

"You never call me Nick," he stands up from the couch, "Della. Seriously. What is going on?"

I open my mouth to speak when my brother jogs down the steps. He asks me where his Nikes are. Usually I would tell him it's not my day to keep up with them. I saw this as an opportunity to get up and out of this uncomfortable situation.

"I saw them in the hall closet earlier today." I hop up from the couch and glance at Mickey from the corner of my eye.

He glares at me with his arms crossed. His mouth hangs open in disbelief. I don't blame him. We're always open with each other about things. But this is just something I can't share right now. Maybe if I figure out Red Raven's game I'll confess my secret identity. I'm not entirely confident in my plans as of now.

Mason digs in the closet for a few minutes until he finally pulls out his Nikes. He looks back at the two of us and flinches.

"Did I interrupt something?" Mason backs up the stairs.

Mickey turns to me with a scowl on his face. I sigh and grab his arm. He questions me for a split second before I whisk him away out the door.

We catch our balance once we're on the porch. Mickey refuses to look at me, but allows me to take his hand and lead him to the porch swing. He sighs as he runs a hand through his dark brown, curly hair.

"This better be good." He finally meets my gaze.

I nod. I'm not ready to tell him, but it's time I should. What kind of relationship would I be in if I wasn't completely honest?

"I'm just going to say it. I'm Rapid Glare."

He blinks, absorbing the news for a minute. All of a sudden a laugh emerges from his lips and he places a hand on top of mine.

"Okay, babe, tell me what's really going on." His curly hair bounces as he continues to chuckle.

"I'm serious." I deadpan.

That's when he stops goofing off to look me straight in the face. His demeanor changes suddenly and I realize he's fed up.

"Della I've had enough of you playing games with me lately. If you can't take our relationship seriously then --"