Chapter 20 -- Watch out for falling houses

My hair still has traces of white in it. The strands were underneath, but they were still an annoying presence. I wonder why it was fading in the first place, but I'm glad it's going away.

I finish up in the bathroom by putting a little makeup on. No need to cover up bruises on my face when I didn't have any recently. Red Raven has been inexplicably MIA since the hospital encounter. Nonetheless, he had some minions sent out to do his dirty work.

Shadow Soldier was plain creepy in my opinion. If met with him again, I'd pee in my suit. Thankfully, I had Crossfire on my side now. If met with any of the villains, I could run behind him. I mean... stand my ground beside him.

"Della!" Mason shouts my name from his room. I was already starting to brush my teeth to go to school, but I rushed into his lair from the bathroom to see what the problem was. He was still in his clothes from the day before.

"Look at this." He points at his computer screen with terror evident in his eyes. It's not until I look closer that he's getting a Skype call from the username RR1010.

"Who is it?" I ask, bewildered. Why was a Skype call so shocking to him that he had to call me in here? Did he really not have any friends?

"It's Red Raven, Della." Mason scoffs.

The news dawns on me. "Answer it! I need to see who he is!"

Mason shakes his head, "You need to hide." He slips his gold mask on.

I give him a look that screams 'Are you kidding me?!?' I walked in here for him to shoo me away?

"I'm watching and listening, but I'll be out of sight." I huff and sit down on the floor beside Mason's desk chair. I'll have a great view of Red Raven from here without being seen.

Mason hesitantly clicks the green button to accept the call. Anxiously, I wait for his face to pop up on the screen. When it does, I'm disappointed. He's wearing his mask.

"Hello, Crossfire." He greets with a sinister smile. I shudder at the screen. The black mask matches the color of his soul.

"Hi, Raven." Mason rolls his eyes as he addresses him. I know Mason said Red Raven was his best friend, but why wasn't he calling him by his name in front of me?

"I haven't seen you in a while." Raven says, tinkering with something in front of him.

Mason scoffs, "It's not like you've been tormenting the town lately." I watch Red Raven cock his head to the side. How can Mason get by with making these comments?

"I told you I've had a plan all along. Now it's in effect. I need you to meet me at the warehouse at 3:30."

I'm about to verbally object when Mason replies, "No can do."

"Why not?" Raven sneers.

Mason shrugs, "That's my scheduled time to rob old ladies."

Red Raven lets out a hoot, "Alright, then, Crossfire. Meet me at 4:30 then?"

Mason nods, trying his best not to consult with me. Red Raven's hair is sticking up everywhere. He's working on something diabolical, and I'm going to put an end to his nefarious plans. It just has to wait until 4:30.

Mason looks over at me with a blank expression. I suppose he's waiting for me to say something. I'm not sure what.

"You said you're friends." I comment, trying to start my list of questions.

Mason nods, "I think it's my friend. I'm not trying to jump to conclusions."

"Well, who's your so-called best friend? Does he know your real identity? Why won't you tell me?" The questions spill out of my mouth all at once, before he can answer.