Chapter 21 -- You? Weaknesses?

"So what exactly is happening?" Jonas inquires.

Mason is currently flying above our heads as I rush Jonas and myself to the same warehouse. Before I know it, we're back in Kingsville. I turn around and put a finger to my lip to hush Jonas.

When I spot Mason landing a few yards away, I take Jonas behind a neighboring building to give a brief explanation.

"We're going to eavesdrop on Mason's conversation with one of the Red Ravens. We're going to go through the back door and I'm going to turn us both invisible. So all you have to do is be quiet and if you feel like he's not telling the whole truth, read his mind. Got it?" He nods, starting his silent state immediately.

After we watch Mason enter the warehouse, I lead Jonas to the back of the building. With a quick look of assurance at him, we both nod and I push on the back door.

It doesn't budge. There's no way we're going through the front doors without being noticed. Okay, now what do we do?

Jonas gently grabs my elbow and leads me away from the building about ten feet. Then he finds it safe to talk aloud.

"Get us to the roof. We can go in through the vents."

My eyebrows raise in question, however I'm still not talking. Jonas gives me a pleading look to let him prove himself. He doesn't have to do that, he already gives me plenty of reasons to believe in him.

Jonas was truly a great hero. However, a super's suit always reflects their power or character. My mask had a lightning bolt across the nose, Crossfire flew across the sky in a golden bolt, and Red Raven had the signature black color of the bird he was named after.

Jonas wore a plain black, long sleeve, spandex shirt along with black spandex tights. The only thing special about his suit were the blue stripes down the side of the sleeves and his mask was a solid deep blue. He deserved so much more, but I guess Ash ran out of time.

I rush us to the top of the building and wait for Jonas to further explain himself. When he doesn't, I shrug and follow his lead. I guess from here on out we're playing the silent game.

Jonas searches the roof for some sort of ventilation system, I'm assuming. When he finds the grate looking object, he pries it off.

I can't hold back my questions anymore, "How did you do that without any tools?"

He looks back at me and smirks, sitting in a squatting position. "I was wondering how long you could go without talking." He jumps into the hole.

Rolling my eyes, I jump in after him and find myself cramped and already sweating. Can the two of us navigate the vents?

Jonas starts to crawl, the top of his bushy hair brushing against the metal. Well, if Jonas can manage, I guess I can move along too.

We stop in our tracks when we hear the voices below. We must be over the main part of the building. How much of their conversation have we missed?

"It's great to finally meet you in person, Red Raven."

"Same to you, Crossfire. However, I'm disappointed in you."

"For what reason?"

"You haven't been setting buildings on fire or spitting on pedestrians as you fly. You've been very... Reserved lately."

I wish I could see what was happening.

"I assumed you would have something for me to do."

Jonas shifts in his spot, making the vent wobble. I mentally scold him. Thankfully, the dialogue below resumes.