Chapter 26 -- Thunder

It wasn't until 10 minutes of me running all over town that I decided to go to Ash's house. I debated on going back to the hospital, but I knew Jonas' parents would have a few things to say to me.

How could my parents hide their identities from Mason and I for so long? How did I never put the pieces together?

My thoughts cease as my feet come to a halt. Ash's house usually looks more inviting. Something inside of me shrinks as I step onto the front lawn.

Shouldn't you tell Mason first? My mind tries to dictate my actions. Who knows where Mason is though?

As I step onto the front step, I'm about to knock on the door when something at the window catches my eye. Ash is sitting with Mason in the bay window. I knew Mason stayed behind with her at the hospital, but I didn't think he was going to be here.

Mason leans into her and plants a kiss on her lips. Whoa. Called it! I knew they'd get together eventually.

I frantically knock on the door, excited and anxious all at once. Ash and Mason pull apart instantly and Ash runs to the door. Okay, that was a bit strange.

Ash alone answers the door, trying to hide her blush. Alright, I'll play along. For the moment.

"I have something big to tell you." I start off. She reluctantly moves to the side to let me in. Once I'm in the house, I wait to spill the beans.

"Have you seen Mason? This involves him too." Before she answers, I make my way to her kitchen, knowing this is the direction Mason bolted for.

"Actually, I haven't. Last I saw him was at the hospital." She lies. I keep a blank expression.

"What's wrong, though?" She asks.

"I can't tell you until I find Mason." I state bluntly.

Suddenly Mason walks in from the connected dining room. He freezes when he spots me.

"I thought you would have left by now." His face pales.

Busted.

I reach out and grab his ear and I grip onto Ash's wrist, dragging them into the living room.

"Spill." I demand, plopping them both on the couch. Ash and Mason exchange a glance.

"We're a couple." Ash spits out, while Mason doesn't make eye contact.

I scoff, "I figured as much. Why are you sneaking around though? You should've told me, I've shipped it since you had your little geek fight." I cross my arms over my chest, waiting for their reply.

Mason answers, "We've been together longer than you think."

I cock an eyebrow at him. "Two months to be exact." He elaborates.

It takes a bit of strength to keep my jaw from falling. How have they kept this secret for so long?

"Why didn't you tell me you were dating?" I ask, baffled.

Mason quickly snaps his head to look at Ash. "You don't have to tell her."

I cough, "Uh, you do now. Tell me what?" My anger is harder and harder to manage. Storm clouds gather outside, waiting for my signal to release their own rage.

Ash sighs, "I convinced Mason to be a hero instead of a villain."

My brain tries to imagine why this was so hard to confess. Girlfriends and boyfriends usually can persuade each other to do things, that much I understand. Then it hits me. Mason didn't become a hero on his own freewill or because he chose to help his only sister. Ash convinced him.