Chapter 30 -- Is it a good plan?

Mason and Ash bolted out the back door before Jonas and I did. We were all headed out the door when the lights came back on. For a few seconds, I stood frozen, waiting for them to flicker back off. Jonas had to shove me out the door for me to realize if I stood there any longer, we would be caught.

"Come on, Rapid Glare, you have to be a little quicker!" Jonas has the audacity to joke at a time like this. We run up the hill to catch up with Ash and Mason. Ash has one hand propped against Mason's car in order to keep her balance as she takes off her shoes. Jonas and I make our way to Jonas' truck and I dig my suit out from the back seat. Mason and Jonas cleverly wore their suits underneath their button up shirts and dress pants.

I turn myself invisible along with my suit and quickly slip into the leggings and tank top first. The suit zips right over the clothes and I turn visible again, tossing my dress into the back seat.

"Anyone got a plan?" Ash asks out loud as a lightning bolt zigzags across the sky.

Running to the passenger side of Jonas' truck, I respond, "Not yet! We'll figure something out when we get to the warehouse!" I turn my head to see Mason isn't wearing his normal suit.

"Why aren't you wearing your gold suit?" I inquire.

Mason glances down at the blue suit with a bittersweet smile. "I can't exactly be Crossfire tonight. I'm going to need a new name after all this is over too." I'm honored that he would change his color to match Jonas and myself.

A genuine smile spreads across my face, "Certainly."

Another lightning bolt strikes something close by and I let out a scream. My eyes grow wide as I realize something.

I'm controlling the storm. The more panicked I am, the more I run away, the stronger the storm gets. It's just like when I was angry at Mickey and hailed on his car or when I was sad when I thought he was going to dump me and made it snow.

I am the storm.

"Guys. I've got a plan." I confess, even though I don't really have a thorough plan.

Ash swiftly turns around in surprise. Honestly, do my friends really think I'm that stupid to where I can't come up with my own plans?

"I control the weather now. This storm is my doing. Red Raven gave me these powers so that he could force me to use them. He knew he could create panic in me so I would create the storm!" The wind begins to pick up and I end up shouting my theory at them.

They all nod their heads because, in a way, it makes sense. Although, I don't believe Red Raven intended for my powers to be used against him. This should be interesting.

"Okay, so what's the plan?" Mason crosses his arms over his chest as the wind almost knocks us over.

"I control the storm!" I yell out and jump into Jonas' truck. Mason and Ash follow behind us as we drive down a road littered with storm debris. My phone buzzes against my suit's side pocket. Mason is calling me.

"Look, I don't really have a well thought out plan. I'm just saying if I can control my emotions, I can control the storm. If I control the storm, the lightning won't strike me and take my powers away." I huff. Trying to explain myself is more difficult than I thought.

"I was just going to say you need to go in before any of us and see what we're up against. Then you can come back and tell us the game plan." He replies slowly, making sure I don't make this storm worse with my anger.

"Okay, yeah, I can do that." I hang up, at ease with having a solid plan.

Jonas glances over at me after shifting gears. Though, he doesn't say a word. Maybe he's just as scared as I am.