One

Thanks for reading Bubble Gum:The Nerd and The Bad Boy hope you enjoy🤘🏻

One-Stop It

Bianca

Why did he have to sit next to me? Of all people Mrs. Jenkins had to put him right next to me! God, could he just stop?! He was so annoying. How is he even in an AP English class?! I was gripping my pen in my hand, trying to ignore him. I could see that he knew he was annoying me, but I wasn't going to say anything, I mean it's Zachary Hunter for pete's sake! The school's number one player and bad boy. I was having enough trouble surviving school as it is and I didn't need him to help with that. I sighed and continued to write the notes for English, trying desperately to ignore him. Then, being the jerk that he is, leaned over in my ear and did the thing I was trying ignore that he knew I was trying to ignore. He popped his gum right in my freaking ear! And then he laughed! He fudging laughed!

"Is something funny, Mr. Hunter?" Mrs. Jenkins asked. "Do enlighten us?"

Zachary kicked back and rested his Vans on the table. "Yeah something's funny," he laughed, popping his gum again. "This nerd over here can't stand me chewing my gum! God, Mrs. Jenkins, what kind of a person hates bubble gum," he chuckled. The class laughed as I hid behind my dark brown locks.

"That's enough!" Mrs. Jenkins yelled. "Bianca, are you alright?" I just nodded and continued to hide behind my hair. "I will see you in detention, young man," she said, addressing Zachary.

"No, Mrs. Jenkins," I spoke up. "It's alright." Zachary beamed in triumph and Mrs. Jenkins looked at me wide eyed. "Don't give him detention."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, ma'am. It's okay."

She nodded and continued the lesson while the whole class went in to murmurs. At last the bell rang and I rushed out to my locker, grabbing my backpack. As I turned to get into my car a hand yanked my pack off and I turned to see who it was. Zachary. "Hey, nerd," he grinned.

"Please, give me my pack," I whispered.

"No can do. Let's see what you got in here." He opened it and spilled the contents on to the ground of the parking lot. "Science notes, English notes, notes, notes, notes. Gee wiz you are a huge geek! You know what people like me do to nerds like you?" He asked, pinning me to my car. He got right up in my face and smiled. I could smell his bubble gum before I even saw it and before I knew it he popped it right in my face. "You wanna go and tell Mrs. Jenkins to give me a detention now? ISS?" I shook my head and looked at my feet. He scoffed and lifted my chin with his index finger. As soon as my eyes met his he took his gum out and stuck it straight on my forehead. "And now?" I shook my head again, feeling tears spring up. Why me? "What a waste," he scoffed. He took his gum back and chewed on it some more before looking down, his eyes catching a letter. "What's this?" He asked, seeming genuinely curious. He picked it up and was about to open in it when I intervened. He couldn't read that.

"Please. Please give it back," I whispered, tears streaming down my face. He looked at me and looked down at the letter. Was he actually going to give it back? All the sudden he shoved the letter at me and took off. I held the letter to my chest and looked at my pack. I picked up all my notes and shoved them in my pack, getting in my car and heading home.

~<***>~

When I opened the door I was greeted with the smell of my mom's special chili. No one ever made it like her. I took in a deep breath and sighed. I set my pack on the couch and entered the kitchen where she was. She turned from the pot she was stirring and smiled.

"Hey, pumpkin! How was your first day of the second semester?"

"Fine."

She sighed. "Him again?"

"It's okay, Mom."

"It isn't okay! Who is this kid?"

"Mom, I already told you it's fine."

She sighed and turned back to her pot. "Oh, and Bianca?"

"Yes?"

"The Hunter's are coming over for dinner so dress nice."

No fudging way.