Seven

This chapter is pretty sad...😭

Seven-Why?

Bianca

Zach stayed over all weekend because he didn't want me to be alone while Mom was away. I was starting to get worried now that it was Monday and she hadn't returned. We had the next two days off and I was defiantly grateful for that. I rolled over and snuggled into the warmth that was my boyfriend. My boyfriend. My boyfriend that kissed me. My boyfriend that kisses me. My heart fluttered at the thought and I sighed, burying my head into his neck. I felt him slightly stir and I watched as his eyes fluttered open. His deep, brown orbs pierced straight to my soul and I giggled as he yawned then smiled to me.

"Good morning, baby," he said, his voice thick with sleep.

"Good morning," I smiled, cuddling closer to him.

"You smell nice," he muttered in to my hair. I chuckled a "thank you", twisting out of his hold and he groaned in protest. "Noooo." I grabbed fresh clothes and went to take a shower, smiling to myself. These past few days have been so amazing, but I couldn't help wondering where my mother was. As I stood in the shower I remember why she was gone and my heart sank. Things would be so different if Dad was still alive. I finished and turned the water off, leaning against the wall and holding myself. I had to stop thinking about him. I closed and opened my eyes. I sighed, getting out and wrapping a towel around myself. A knock came at the bathroom door and I jumped.

"Y-Yes?"

"Are you okay, baby?"Zach's voice came through the door.

"Yeah. Fine."

"Well, you've been in there for an hour and a half."

"Oh...um time flies!"

"You must be having bundles of fun in there then."

"You have no idea," I said, rolling my eyes and throwing on my clothes. I dried my hair with the towel and opened the door to see him standing right against the doorframe. "Hi."

"Want some breakfast?"

"Sure." We walked down the stairs hand in hand, not comprehending what was about to happen. I fixed him some pancakes while he sat at the kitchen island, watching.

"You know your way around the kitchen," he commented as I set his plate down.

"I've been cooking for myself since I was nine."

"That's when my mom started going out and I didn't feel like having pizza all the time. She used to be gone more often than what she does now."

"Why?"

"My..uh..my dad died so..." (A/N//:I don't remember if I said when he died so he died when she was nine)

"Oh. I'm so sorry."

I shrugged. "It was a long time ago."

"It's still a big thing."

"I guess."

"Hey," he said, rubbing my back "Why don't you smile for me? You know I love it."

"Do you?"

"Of course." I chuckled and ate my pancakes, but not before drenching them in maple syrup. "That is diabetes right there," he said, putting a huge piece in his mouth.

"Oh well." I got up and threw my plastic plate away, walking to the living room. It wan't until I felt arms around my waist that I knew he was done.

"You just walked away from me," he said, squeezing me closer to him.

"Dang right I did."

"Did you just sass me, Bianca?"

"I did just sass you," I giggled, turning to grab on to his t-shirt. "What are you gonna do about it?" I taunted.

"You know what?"

"What?"

"I'm gonna tickle you!" he shouted before attacking my sides.

"Nooooo!" I was somehow able to get away and run around the couch, but he was right behind me. I pushed myself faster as I rounded the edge of the coffee table, almost tripping on my feet. Then we were there. Him at one end of the table and me at the opposite end. I faked to the right and ran left, but that didn't seem to throw him off as much as I thought it might. I ran out of the living room and into the hallway, turning to see him do a full on hurdle over the couch. "Give it up, Bianca." I smiled and shook my head. I wasn't giving up that easy. Backing up would put my body against the front door and I could run out, but the neighbors might think he was attacking me literally. Option one was a bust. I had to do something or else he won and I couldn't have that. Running right put me against the wall and I would be cornered, Option two was a bust. I could run left into the guest room, but I would be cornered in there too. Option three was a bust too! Ugh, what could I do? There was only one thing left to do;the unexpected. I charged straight at him. Startled, he moved to the side and let me run passed him to the living room and to the kitchen. He didn't stay stunned for long and he ran after me after the spell wore off. I laughed as he chased me around the island and into the living room. Just as I was about to round the couch I felt arms wrap around me and my heart sank. I was caught. "Gotcha!" He lifted me up and over his shoulder, parading me around like a trophy as I laughed.

This continued until several heavy knocks sounded at the front door. He immediately put me down and I straightened my clothing, opening the door to see a police officer there. He was tall with blonde hair and brown eyes. His large hands were fisted at his side and I gulped. "Yes, officer?"

"Bianca Nichole Blanchard?"

"Yes, sir."

"You need to come with me," he insisted.

"To where?" Zach asked, his arm wrapping around my waist and pulling me to him.

"I'm sorry, miss, but your mother overdosed late last night. I was notified just a few minutes ago to get you to the hospital," he said to me.

"Overdosed?"

"Yes, ma'am. She's been in ICU since around one this morning. She's in a coma." He took out a notepad and wrote down a few things, handing it to me. "This is the hospital and room number she's staying in. I'm very sorry."

I was stunned at the front door.

My mother overdosed.

My mother was in a coma.