Five

Five-Retry

Bianca

I fixed my hair once again, sighing in frustration. Why could I not get this right? Why was I so nervous?! I took a deep breath and brushed off the invisible dust/dirt on the bottom of my little red dress. The doorbell rang and just like last time I came down the stairs and opened the door. My breath caught in my throat at the sight of him. He'd gotten a haircut and it looked newly done. It must've been only an hour ago. His once dark hair that flowed to the right was cut short on both sides and long in the front, spiked up. He kind of looked like a baby Rino in a way with his little spike in the front.

I stopped the giggle that threatened to emerge in thinking of him as a newborn animal. I smiled and he returned with his own, stopping my heart. Why did he have to be so perfect? Focus, Bianca! I opened the door to let them inside just like I did a few weeks earlier. Deja vu much?

"Welcome back, Mr. and Mrs. Hunter, it's nice to see you again," I greeted them.

"Likewise, dear," his mother said. "You look beautiful." She entered after Zach, who stood beside me as they walked passed. I closed the door and looked up at him.

"Yes?"

"She's right. You look very beautiful," he commented, kissing my cheek.

"Thank you," I blushed, keeping my eyes down cast.

He tilted my chin up with his index finger so that I was looking directly into his piercing brown eyes. "You know that I really want this, right? I'm determined to show you that I am suitable for you in every aspect. I can provide for you, hold you, keep you warm, and I can love you how you deserve to be loved. I assure you, Bianca, that I want to make this work between us."

"I-You promise?"

He took my hands in his, kissing them ever so lightly. "I promise with all my heart."

"Aw! How sweet!" A voice said from behind. I recognized it as Mrs. Hunter.

"Mom," he whined. "Were you there the whole time."

"Correction," his dad said, stepping out from behind the wall. "We were listening the whole time." I saw my mother's head pop out from behind the wall as she awkwardly waved at us.

"Oh, come on!" He said, throwing his hands in the in the air. I giggled and walked up to my mom.

"So maybe he isn't too bad," she whispered.

"I know mom."

~<***>~

Dinner was a success and Mom forgave Zach within the first half hour. His declaration still had me stunned even when he left later that night. I laid on my bed at 10:33 thinking about what he'd said to me. He promised he would make things work between us, but I couldn't shake the voice in the back f my head that whispered, "Don't count on it."

I sighed and was about to go to sleep when my phone chimed. It could only be one person this late at night. I reached to my nightstand for my phone and cringed at the brightness, opening it and turning it down. I rubbed my eyes and opened my messages, smiling.

Z: Are you up?

B: Well, I am now

Z: Sorry I guess I'll go

B: Hey you texted me so you might as well talk

Z: I just missed you is all

B: We just saw each other not even two hours ago

Z: Yeah I know that but still

B: You say I'm weird

Z: You are weird

B: Well so are you

Z: But not as weird as you

B:Whatever you say...

Z: So do you think your mom forgives me???

B: Ah, so THAT'S why you're texting me at 10:30

Z: Noooo

Z: Maybe

B: Yeah she forgave you

Z: Good...does that mean I get to take you out?

B: I guess I don't really know

Z: Oh

B: What did you have in mind?

Z: Maybe dinner and a movie next Saturday night???

B: Ok I'll mention it to her

Z: Really?!

B: I don't spend ALL my time studying...most of it, but not all

Z: lol good to know

Z: See you at school on Monday?

B: Defiantly

Z: Okay goodnight

B: Goodnight

I sighed and put my phone back on it's charger. It was just a small conversation, but it had me smiling like an idiot and my heart fluttering like a thousand humming birds' wings. How could one boy do all of this to me? I still had no idea what some of these feelings were, but I liked them a lot. I sighed and stretched out on my bed. Too bad he had gone to bed. Had he? Should I text him and see? Stop being ridiculous; of course he went to bed! He said goodnight and that means sleep. I closed my eyes and prayed for sleep to come find me, but it took it's sweet time.

Zachary

Why had I said goodnight? Should I text her back? Really, dude, she said goodnight too and that means sleep! She wouldn't have protested either way, that's just Bianca. I groaned and threw my phone down in frustration. I'd been waiting 30 minutes for her to text me, asking if I went to sleep. It was partially my fault since I was the one to say 'goodnight' first, but I knew she wouldn't reply. She thought I was going to sleep because I basically told her I was without actually telling her. Ugh! Why is this so...CONFUSING?!?! I sat up and shook my head. No one had ever made me feel this way before. She was the first girl I'd been with since...Her and I wasn't going to mess this up. I think it's safe to say that I am in love with Bianca Blanchard.