Two

Two-Dinner

Bianca

Someone kill me.

I stood there in front of the mirror in my long skirt and shirt. No. This wouldn't do. They would be here soon and I had no idea what to wear! I looked deep in my closet and found a pink, short dress and some silver high heels. I had to show him that I may be a nerd, but I was a sexy nerd. I put on the clothes and snuck into my mom's make-up stash and actually put some on for the first time since Freshmen year. I brushed through my hair and winked at myself in the mirror. I looked silly, but at least I was still modest. I was still a virgin, after all. There was no time to change my mind because the doorbell rang and my mom shouted for me to get it. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

Zachary

Someone kill me.

I had to go to this boring dinner with a friend of my parents. I had really tried to get out of it, but there was no changing their minds. I had to text Lacy and cancel tonight's plans and I was not happy about it. As I stood at the door waiting for some old lady to answer I looked at both my parents with hatred. The door opened and I looked towards it without any interest until I saw who was there. Was that...

"Bianca?" I asked.

"Zachary." Oh, God the way she said my name! Where had she been all my life? She was sexy as a nerd, but now...Jezus! "Come on in." She motioned for us to go inside, but it felt like my feet were glued to the porch. I couldn't stop starring at her!

"Son, is something wrong?" my dad asked.

"Uh, nope. Nothing at all." I walked through the door and looked around the hallway where pictures of Bianca hung from the walls. I smiled at how cute she was when she was younger.

"The dining room is this way," she guided.

As we walked I couldn't help that my eyes drifted to the curve of her backside. It looked amazing in that dress. Sexy, but modest. That was a perfect way to describe her. How come she never dressed like this at school? She turned suddenly and I knew I had been caught, but instead of screaming and yelling about how gross I was, she gave me a simple look that caught me totally off guard. It said "yeah I know you want this". She just looked at my parents with a kind smile and sat down at a spot at the table. A little bit later a woman that looked similar to Bianca came out with a big smile on her face.

"Mr. and Mrs. Hunter," she greeted. "I'm so glad you came. I'm Sara."

"Pleasure," my dad grinned.

"Absolutely. Thank you for meeting with us," my mom added.

"Oh of course! Let me just get the food and we can eat," Sara said.

"Do you need help? I can carry something?" my mom volunteered.

"Sure."

They both walked off and into the kitchen. "Where's your bathroom?" my dad suddenly asks. He's doing this on purpose, I know he is.

"Down the hall, second door to your right," Bianca's silk voice replied.

"Thank you," he sped off and it was just us.

I had to play this cool. "You think just because you put on a dress and some make up you will look pleasing to people? You're so disgusting."

"Says the boy starring at my butt in the hallway," she scoffed.

Shit, I was caught. "As if."

"Oh, stop it you know you were."

"You need to humble yourself."

"Oh, I need to humble myself. Look at yourself."

'Whatever."

"Do you at least know what they're meeting for?"

I had no idea. "Maybe, but why would I tell you? You're a nerd. You're supposed to know everything."

She rolled her beautiful brown eyes. "Whatever."

The moms came back, setting down the food and my dad finally returned. So our conversation hadn't gone exactly the way I wanted it, but I couldn't have her know the truth about how I feel about her.

As we were eating our parents small talked, but not once did Bianca say anything. Did what I say really hurt her? Did it always? I know she cried sometimes, but she wasn't really sad...right? I continued to eat, but stole glances in her direction frequently. I frowned when all I saw on her plate was mashed potatoes and a spoonful of green beans. Was she a vegetarian or something? I thought I stole a ham sandwich from her that one time.

"Are we going to discuss the matter at hand to our children?" my dad asked.

Bianca lifted her head from her plate and looked at Sara. "I think that would be best," Sara replied.

"Well then," my dad leaned back in his chair and looked at Bianca and I. "I'm sure it's no secret how smart Bianca is and I'm sure it isn't a secret that my son is 18 and a multi millionaire. I smirked. Hell, yeah I was. "So we have been in contact for a while about you too and we have come to a decision." A decision? What the- "You two are to be married next spring."

YES! "NO!" I yelled.

"What?" My mother asked.

"I want to marry who I want."

"Son, she is more then capable-"

"Dad, don't even start. I'm not marrying that-that whore!" There was silence after my outburst and I immediately regretted every word I said after I looked at Bianca. Her eyes started to water and in them I could see true pain. Every word I had ever said hurt her.

"How could you say that?" My mom gasped. "Bianca is not a whore. She is a very skilled individual!"

"Excuse me," Bianca squeaked, getting up and running out.

Sara looked down at her food while my parents glared daggers at me. I had messed up big time and I knew it. Truth be told, I would totally marry Bianca. I just didn't want her to know that. My parents stood and apologized to Sara, before dragging me out. I was distracted by their tugging on my arm, but not enough that I couldn't hear Bianca's sobs from the restroom.

What had I done?