Fourteen

Fourteen-Graduation Night

Bianca

"And now your Valedictorian, Ms. Bianca Blanchard."

I stood and smiled, shaking my principal's hand and walking up to the stand. It took me forever to write this speech and now it was time. I took a deep breath and smiled to my class and the crowd.

"Wow. What a wild ride, huh?" I paused at the chuckles and laughed myself. "Here we are, guys. It's graduation day," cheers echoed through the building. "We've pictured this day for at least four years now and I bet some of you didn't think you'd even be here. There are no words to describe how it feels to stand in front of all of you today, not as your Valedictorian, but as your friend, colleague, and other. I wish all of you the best of luck in your careers and for those of you going into the Military, I would like to personally thank you for being brave and courageous enough to serve your country. I will forever admire your willingness to serve and You're calling is unlike any other. Thank you all for your support in these difficult times and I urge all of you to reach beyond the stars and always follow your dreams. To the class of 2017!" Cheers and shouts erupted as everyone threw their caps in the air. I smiled and made my way down where Zach was waiting.

"That was a great speech!" He exclaimed, grabbing my face in his hands and kissing me.

"Thank you," I giggled, pulling away. I could feel a blush making it's way to my cheeks.

"Now, don't freak out, but I told everyone that we're having a little graduation party..."

I rolled my eyes. "What is your definition of little, Zach?"

"Well, maybe two-two fifty..."

"250!?"

"Yeah."

"Zach!"

"Come on, baby, relax."

"That's a lot of people!"

"We did just graduate."

"There better not be any alcohol, you hear?"

"Yes ma'am," he chuckled, kissing my forehead. I rolled my eyes and was about to get in the car before someone called my name. I whipped my head around to see my mother in a simple blue dress, holding a bouquet of flowers. She looked so much better than when I left.

"Bianca."

"Mother."

"Bianca, I'm so sorry...can we talk?"

I looked over at Zach who nodded. "Yeah. We were just about to go to Rhody's if you want to join us."

"That would be nice," she smiled. "I'll follow you."

We talked for almost two hours. She had apologized and explained everything. We ended on good terms and I made it clear that I was not going to move back, but I would keep in touch. We ended the conversation around 10:30.

"When does the party start?" I asked Zach, putting on my silver heels.

"11:00."

"No sleep tonight," I muttered.

"Hey now, don't talk like that."

I rolled my eyes. "People should be arriving soon."

"Indeed."

The party was a lot bigger than I thought. True to his word, Zach made sure there was no alcohol anywhere. I just couldn't shake the feeling that something was about to happen though. With the music blaring in my ears and the bass pumping through my body I made my way up the stairs when a spotlight shown on me. I squinted my eyes and tried to look around, the light blinding me. "There she is," came Zach's voice. I saw his figure come up the stairs and I couldn't help, but frown. What was he doing now? "Can we turn that light down?" At his request the light dimmed and I was able to see him and the people around us. "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is my girlfriend, Bianca. She is Valedictorian of my Senior class and I couldn't be prouder of her accomplishments both academically and in everyday life. These past few months have been rough on both of us, but she has given us both strength. I would want nothing more than her strength and beauty next to me for the rest of my life," he smiled, bending down to one knee. Oh my, God! Was he- "Marry me, Bianca?"

"Yes!" I was beaming as he got up and placed the ring on my finger. It was everything I could have ever dreamed of! It sparkled in the light just like his smile. I looked up at him and crashed my lips to his. I was going to get married!

"You said yes."

"Of course I did, silly," I giggled.

He turned to the audience. "Alright, party's over, get out." I laughed while they all grumbled and headed out. The house was cleared out in a matter of minutes.

"Oh, gosh, I have to call my mom! She'll be so excited!" I raced to the phone in the kitchen and dialed my mom's number.

"Hello?"

"Mom, he proposed!"

"Oh, he was going to tonight? I thought he was in the morning."

"You knew he was going to?"

She chuckled. "How else would he get your ring size?"

I giggled. "Guided by love."

"My love."

"When did he tell you?"

"He didn't tell me anything, dear. He asked for my blessing and after that we went ring shopping and he invited me to the graduation party, but I passed. I'm getting a little too old for that."

"You are never too old to have a good time, Mom."

"What you consider a good time is not what I consider a good time."

"Fair point. I was just calling to tell you he did, but you knew he was going to," I laughed.

"I did. He's a good man and I know he'll take care of you...even though he already is."

I smiled. "I know he is."

"Well, if you'll excuse me I have a date with my bed and I am already late."

"Alright. Go to sleep."

"Goodnight, honey."

"Goodnight, Mom."

I hung up and smiled. Those two sneaks! I made my way up to the bedroom all the while glancing at my ring. It truly was beautiful. "I tried to capture the beauty of your body and soul in it." I gasped and turned around to see my fiance. "Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"What do you mean..about the ring?"

"It's custom made...no other woman on Earth has the same ring as you."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes."

"Oh my, God! How much did that cost?"

"None of your business is how much it cost," he laughed.

"You are so-"

"Handsome, dashing, irresistible?"

"Oh gosh."

"Perfect, heavenly, masculine...."

That's it for this chapter I hope you liked the little surprise!