Twelve

<Short chapter>

Twelve-Done

Bianca

I had no idea what to say or do after I said that; I couldn't move my feet. My words were stuck in my throat as I continued to stare at her appearance. Her skin was a deathly pale and her brown eyes that once teamed with life were dull. She looked sickly; she had lost so much weight since I saw her. Zach lightly edged me forward and smiled as he came into her sight.

"Good morning, Sara," he said, putting an arm around my waist. "We are so thrilled you're awake." Speak for yourself; I'm still mad.

"Thank you," she said meekly. "If you don't mind I would like to speak with my daughter alone." We were both taken aback by her statement, but he moved to do what she had requested, kissing my cheek as he headed out.  It was just us and I stood there in front of her bed, feeling awkward and out of place. "Who found me?" She asked.

"The police. There was a noise complaint and they found you on the floor."

"They should have just let me die," she snapped. That was it.

"Excuse me?! Do you have any idea how hard life has been without you?! You've been here for over four months! I went out and got a job to pay for your bills and Zach's family has been paying over half of them! You are so selfish; I can't believe you would do this! They should just let you die?"

"Bian-"

"Shut up! You are the most self-centered person I have ever met! Do you think it isn't hard for me? Do you think that I don't hurt? I do! He was my father and he's gone! And when he died, on the days I needed you most...you weren't there. You were out getting drunk and high and banging random guys on the street, no matter how old they were! You know what you've become? The town whore who's only good for a lay now and then! You're no mother of mine." I sighed and made my final decision, tears streaming down my face. "He's been asking me to move in and I've been putting it off because I wanted to take care of you, but I see you don't need me. I'm moving in with him and you can have the house all to yourself to get laid at any part of the day. For years I heard what women at the stores would say about you. I always told myself it was just gossip, they didn't know what they were talking about because my mother would never do any of that. Boy, I was wrong." I paused. "I'll have all my stuff out before you come back. I don't care what you use that room for." I turned to leave and held myself back when I heard her begin to sob. She made her decision when she pushed me away and now she's going to know what it feels like to be alone when she's hurt.

I walked out of the room without a word and went to the elevator. Zach followed behind and didn't say a word until the elevator doors closed. "Don't you think that was a bit harsh?"

"She is getting a taste of her own medicine."

"She's your mother..."

"She was my mother, Zach. She quit being my mother nine years ago."

"I understand what she did was wrong, but is this really the answer right now?"

"It's my answer," I said in a low voice, almost commanding him to drop it. We didn't say a word the whole ride back and the tension was thick in the air.

He helped me pack all my things that night. I knew she would come back in the morning so I wanted to be out. I had to show her I was serious about this and that I was done. It took us a little bit, but I didn't have that many things and we even gave some to charity on the way to his house. This was it. I was on my own, but not completely.

Sara(Bianca's mom)

I raced home the next morning. She had to be there! There is no way she got all her things moved in one day. I unlocked the door and walked through, calling her name a few times, but all was silent. Had she really left me? I walked up the stairs to her room, opening the door and gasping. The bed was made, the desk cleared with the chair tucked in, her papers that once littered the floor were all gone, all the posters on the walls were taken down as well, and her memo board was even gone. Her closet and drawers were cleaned out, not a scrap of clothing in them. She had truly left me. She was done. I walked in and looked at the empty room that was once my little girl's, something on the drawer catching my eye. I picked it up and choked back a sob. It was a picture of us together when she was 16, hugging each other close with bright smiles. I sat down on the bed and clutched the picture close to me. My little girl was gone and it was all my fault. I should've been here for her all this time. This was it. I was on my own. Completely.

Another heavy chapter, but that's okay

Another heavy chapter, but that's okay. I actually haven't been feeling well, but I wanted to give you beauties an update