Fifteen

Short chapter

Fifteen-No Pink

Bianca

"For the thousandth time, NO."

"Come on," I whined. "Not even a little?"

"Absolutely not," he said, shaking his head and crossing his arms. "I know this is your wedding, but it's mine too. I've let you do everything you wanted up to this point, but that is where I draw the line." 

"It's just a color." 

"A color that will not be allowed at my wedding."

I sighed and pulled out a different color card, showing it to him. "Okay, what about this one?" 

"That's pink."

"This is not pink," I defended, looking at the clearly red card. "It's red." 

"It's pink." 

"Ugh!"

"You can't fool me;anyone can see that is pink. Sara," he said as my mother walked by. "What color is this?" 

"Pink," she shrugged.

"Boom!" 

"Mom!" 

"What?"

"This is red!" 

"Fine whatever. It's red," she said walking away.

"Thank you!" 

"But her first reaction was that it was pink." 

"I don't care. She said it was red."

"Bianca," he said giving me 'the look'.

"Fine, I'll pick something else....what about lilac?" 

He looked at the card and smiled. "I love it."

"Well, thank God," I exaggerated. "Next thing you know we'll be fighting about what flavor the cake is."

"As long as it's lemon we won't have a problem." 

"Lemon? My wedding cake is not going to be lemon flavored." 

"That's a problem." 

"No because the wedding cake will be strawberry."

"Strawberry cakes are pink! No pink!"

"Get over it!" 

"No, I will not."

"Children, shut up!" My mother said, walking towards the table. "The groom's cake will be lemon and the bride's cake strawberry, but the wedding cake will be marble, got it?"

"Yes, ma'am," we both said. 

"You two fight like you've been married for 40 years, jeez." she walked away and I giggled at her little comment.   

"Why don't we take a break?" He asked, kissing my cheek. 

"That sounds nice," I smiled, leaning into him. He kisses his way down my neck, squeezing my thigh. 

"PORN!" Someone shouted, making me jump. 

"Dang it, Mom!" Zach shouts. "Not funny." 

"I think it was," she smiled. "How are the plans coming?"

"We're taking a break," I said, reaching to grab his hand. 

"Already tired, huh?"

"You have no idea," I chuckled, putting my head down. I felt Zach get up and massage my shoulders. 

"Well, I have to talk to your mother about a few things, I'll be down in a few minutes," she said.

He continued to massage my shoulders when she left. "That feels good," I said.

"You know what I think?"

"Hm?"

"Maybe we should go to Vegas."

"Vegas, huh," I chuckled. 

"Yeah. Have one of those drive-thru weddings?" 

I laughed. "Oh yeah." He kissed my cheek and sat beside me. 

"You know I love you, right?"

"I love you too," I smiled. 

"You want to to watch a movie or something?"

"Yeah sure." I giggled when he picked me up and carried me up the stairs to our bedroom where he set me down and kissed me. He turned and grabbed the remote, jumping on the bed. I laughed and hugged him, putting my head on his chest. 

"God, you're so beautiful," he whispered. 

I looked up at him, smiling. "Thank you. I think you're pretty handsome yourself." He leaned down to kiss my lips before we were interrupted again. 

"Mom!" Zach yelled. 

"Zach, we have to go to the hospital now!"

He sat up. "What's going on?"

"It's your dad..."

I know it was short and I'm sorry. Check out my new book, The Arrangement