two

-Rebecca's p.o.v.-

The rest of the cheerleader pow wow was spent talking crap about other girls I didn't know and gossiping about boys who sounded like jerks. After it was over, I went home and went straight to my room. I didn't want to even see my parents. I locked my door and lay on my bed. I grabbed my phone out of my bag to see Brandon had texted and called me a billion times. I called him back and it ended up being that he didn't know what time I got off school and thought I was ignoring him. Doing the whole long distance thing with Brandon was difficult, but I loved him. So I was going to at least try and make it work. I opened Twitter and scrolled through my timeline before seeing something that caught my eye on the "suggested people to follow" section. It was CJ. I clicked her profile and began to go through it. Most of her stuff was retweets from band accounts or photography pages, but every so often she would post a photo of her artwork. I clicked on one of the pieces she had made. It was amazing. She was an amazing artist. Her art looked so well thought out and meaningful. Meanwhile, I'm over here not able to draw a neck or a decent head of hair. I went through her page for a while longer and found photos of her and a girl together. I assumed they were friends until I found a photo of them kissing. I closed the app and threw my phone on my bed. She was gay? I knew it shouldn't have mattered that much since I barely knew her, but it kinda caught me off guard. I rolled my eyes and got up off my bed to clean up my room a bit, but as I did my mum walked in.

"How was school honey?" She asked me and I smiled as she sat on my bed.

"Good. Met a lot of new people. Know where all my classes are..." I trailed off and she quickly clapped her hands together.

"That's great honey, I'm glad to hear you're doing well." She said and stood up.

"Me too." I said flatly and smiled. She smiled back at me. 

"Your father and I are going out tonight, so we will be back in a bit." She informed me. I nodded as she walked out.

"Make sure to do your homework." She said as she walked out and closed the door. I yelled an 'mkay' in response even though I knew she wasn't still listening. I laid back down on my bed and closed my eyes for a moment. Many things raced through my mind as I began to rub my eyes. Eventually I took a deep breath and decided to sleep for now. As the image of CJ and that girl played back in my mind over and over, I drifted off to sleep. 

=======

I slowly woke up and shot my eyes over to my clock. 7:05 am. I rolled over in hopes that I'd get some more sleep and it finally clicked that it was 7:05 am and I had to leave my house at 7:30. I jumped out of bed and rushed to get ready. As I ran out the door at 7:37, I ran to my car and quickly drove to school. After I arrived, I ran to my first period and took a seat right as the late bell rang. My teacher shot me a dirty look as he marked me as present and on time. I let out a sigh and grabbed my things out of my backpack. The class dragged on for what seemed like forever, and the second the bell rang I was rushing out the door, things in hand. As I walked to my second period class, I saw CJ grabbing a bottle of water from the vending machine. I smiled and kept walking, and then saw a girl sneak up behind her and poke her sides. CJ turned around happily surprised and kissed the girl. They spoke for a moment before going their separate ways. I realised I was staring and must have looked quite odd, so I walked at a faster pace. Soon I had arrived at my class and I let out a sigh as I walked inside and took a seat. The kid next to me tried to spark up conversation and I happily accepted. We kept cracking jokes and talking the entire class and by the end when it was time to part ways, I wanted to stick around and hear more jokes about his ducks. But, after I had seen he was gone I head out of the classroom to head to lunch. I sat with all the cheerleaders and as they conversed about the typical things, I drifted off and began to look around at everyone else around me. I began making up stories for each person and imagined what their pet peeves would be if they had any major ones. My story time was interrupted when one of my fellow cheerleaders poked my arm and looked me in my eyes.

"Don't you think so?" She asked me and to avoid embarrassment I nodded shyly, making the girls roar with laughter. I had no idea what was going on, so I laughed along. And as the laughing quieted down, the lunch bell rang and everyone began to rush to their next class. So I waved goodbye to my friends and set off for my next class. It was computer technology, so it was one of my easiest classes and went by pretty fast. After that class, I head to English. I rushed inside and quickly took my seat. The second I glanced at the seat next to me I remembered CJ was in this class with me and my heart dropped into my stomach. My heart felt like a ticking time bomb, and the second she walked in the room it was like all the air had been taken from my lungs.