thirty

-Rebecca's p.o.v.-

I woke up and was greeted by the scent of fresh coffee and eggs. I rolled off the couch and saw my aunt was already up cooking. I checked my phone, it was only 6:15am. I stood up and went to the bathroom to clean myself up a bit. I took a quick shower and put on the clothes I had on before and walked back out to the kitchen. My aunt fixed me a plate of eggs bacon and sausage with a cup of coffee. I smiled as I sat down and thanked her.

"Of course dear." She said. "If you need some spare clothes, some of Amy's old clothes are still around. They might be a bit big, but I don't want you in those old clothes." She said and I nodded and thanked her. Her daughter Amy lived here on and off, so she kept clothes here for when she was here. I would probably go change after breakfast. I ate breakfast with my aunt and my uncle got up shortly after. He fixed himself a plate and joined us. After he saw me sitting down he hugged me tightly and we caught up on the last 5 years or so over breakfast. After we all finished I washed the dishes and went to go change. I walked into Amy's room and picked out the clothes that would fit me the best, I landed on some leggings and a long sweater. I threw my hair in a bun and walked into the living room to grab my phone and keys. I told my aunt I was gonna go out and get a few things and linger around the city and she told me to make sure I was back by dinner since she was making something special. I agreed and after running to brush my teeth, walked out the door. I walked to my car and got inside quickly. It was very cold, so I turned on the heater and my car, and after everything was warmed up drove off. I googled the nearest Target and went to get a new toothbrush, toothpaste, a hair brush and some underwear. After I got everything I needed, I googled some tourist traps and explored the city. I texted CJ throughout the day and once the sun started to set I decided to go home.  I drove to my aunts house and once I pulled in the driveway, I stopped the car and rushed inside. Once I got inside the house, I smelled food and spotted my aunt in the kitchen. I smiled and asked what she was making.

"Casserole with mashed potatoes." She said. I smiled. I loved casserole, I was excited. I waited in the living room and exchanged texts with CJ until dinner was ready. I ate and went to sleep pretty early. It was nice though. For the next few days that's how my schedule was. Wake up, eat, explore the city, come home, eat , sleep, repeat. And of course texting CJ in between. Once Thursday I decided it was time to go home. I said farewell to my aunt and was on my way. I took off early Thursday morning and drove all day long. I arrived in Portland at about 5:30pm that evening, and I told CJ I was home and wanted to see her. She agreed happily and invited me to her house. As I got closer and closer to her house my heart beat louder and faster. When I finally pulled into her driveway I told her I was outside and in a few moments she ran out her front door and I climbed out of my car to embrace her. She jumped into my arms and I squeezed her and lifted her up off the ground twirling her around.

"I missed you so much." CJ said.

"I missed you too, baby." I said as I put her down and kissed her. I wrapped my hands around her waist and pulled her closer to me. It was nice being home. Not in this city or even at CJ's house. That wasn't home. CJ was home. Being with her made me forget I was still homeless and quickly running out of money.