twenty three

-Rebecca's p.o.v.-

As I drove us, CJ stayed silent, but was happy. After a few moments of driving, I held her hand in mine and held it until we got to the restaurant. I loved holding her hand as if it was the last time I'd ever be able to do so. It sounded kinda dark, but to me it sounded sweet because it was how I felt. We arrived and after quickly parking we walked inside. We requested a table in the corner and to our surprise the waitresses agreed and gave us one. We ordered and were served our drinks pretty quickly. After I got my coffee and CJ got her hot chocolate, I looked up at her. She had the biggest smile on her face.

"You're in a good mood. I love seeing you smile." I said as I added sugar to my coffee.

"I like being around you. And the fact that you hit it off so well with my family makes me so happy I can't even explain it." She said. She kept saying I hit it off with her family, she must have seen the interactions differently than I did. I laughed and nodded as I added more sugar.

"I'm glad you're happy, babe." I said and I stopped. I called her babe. It felt so natural but I'd never called her anything like that before. I looked up at her and she was smiling. She extended her hand and wrapped her fingers around my palm, as if she was asking to hold my hand without saying any words. I held her hand and squeezed it lightly.

"I love holding your hand." She said quietly. "It feels like I'm experiencing it for the first time if you get what I mean. That might be a bit weir-" she started and I cut her off.

"Me too." I said. CJ smiled and let go of my hand so she could drink her hot cocoa. She took a few sips and I stirred my coffee after adding just enough cream and sugar. I took a few sips of my coffee and let out a sigh of satisfaction. Perfect. As I took a few more drinks of my coffee, the waitress came by with our food. I was surprised, the service wasn't crap today. An inspector must have come in recently or they had loads of complains in the last few weeks or something. I didn't know what it was, but I wasn't complaining. We got our food and CJ quickly started eating. I giggled and started to eat my food too. It tasted better than usual, I wonder what happened or who complained, this place was really stepping it's game up. CJ and I quickly ate and in no time were asking for the check. I paid for it this time, and we headed back out.

"We still gotta get juice." I said to CJ as I looked at my watch. It was 8:15 already. We got in the car and I drove us to a nearby grocery store. It wasn't very crowded, so I parked up near the front and we walked inside. As we walked in, our faces were blasted with warm air. We walked past the baskets and tried to find where the juice was. As we kept walking we passed a produce area, seasonal area that was right now filled with Christmas stuff, and some flower arrangements. CJ told me the juice was in the back of the store near the frozen stuff and dairy. We rushed to the back of the store and got a gallon of orange juice. We quickly bought it and were on our way back to her house in no time. As soon as we pulled into my spot, I stopped the car and looked at CJ.

"What's wrong?" She asked me. I smiled.

"Nothing, let's go inside." I said as i got out of the car and she quickly followed she ran to catch up to me and held my hand as we walked inside with the juice, only 2 hours late.