twenty two

-Rebecca's p.o.v.-

We walked up to her house and my heart was going a million miles an hour. She rang the doorbell and held my hand and gave it a squeeze. We looked at each other.

"Everything is going to be okay." She said as she let go of my hand and shortly after someone opened the door. I didn't recognize them. It was more than likely her aunt or something. The woman welcomes us in and in no time I was in the middle of a crowd which usually was kinda weird for me, but due to the fact that it was ALL CJ's family it made me feel even more nervous. I got introduced to a few people by CJ and after a while I said hello and introduced myself to so many people it became kind of a blur. CJ didn't leave my side though. After about an hour of awkward conversation CJ and I were able to sneak up to her room. After hiding away in her room, we locked the door and sat down on the bed. I let out a deep sigh.

"They are a lot, not only in size but in personality if you get what I mean." She joked and I shook my head as I laughed.

"It's weird having people ask about how my life is going, whenever I have family functions I say hello, go on my phone whilst my parents mingle and in a few hours i'm saying goodbye." I said.

"My family is nosy. They like being involved." She said and we laughed. "I think they like you though." She said as she went to her closet to change.

"We made awkward conversation about my cat and school for an hour, so I dunno but for me it was a bit hard to tell if they liked me." I said and CJ slipped into some jeans and a shirt. She walked up to me and I wrapped my hands around her waist. I stood up and gently kissed her.

"I like you a lot, and i'm sure they do too." She said as we kissed again. As she pulled me closer than we already were, we heard a knock on the door. We both separated as someone spoke into the door.

"I need to pee! Open the door Catherine!" Someone shouted and I could feel CJ cringing from where I was stood. I giggled and she rolled her eyes as she walked to the door.

"I told you not to call me that." She hissed at the child standing in front of her. It was a girl a little shorter than CJ but her face looked young. Maybe 11 or 12. She rolled her eyes at CJ as she walked inside. She looked at me and stopped.

"Who's this?" She asked and pointed at me. I stepped closer to her and waved.

"I'm Rebecca, hi." I said awkwardly and she stuck her hand out toward me. I shook her hand and she squinted her eyes at me as we did.

"Mandy." She said as she let my hand go. "Are you dating Catherine?" She asked me and I giggled as CJ interjected.

"Go piss and get out of my room, squirt." She told Mandy as was pushed into the bathroom and CJ closed the door leaving us alone again. She walked to close her door and lock it.

"Cousin? Sister?" I asked her.

"Cousin." She said as she walked back to me. "Don't worry about her, where were we?" She said as she raised her eyebrow and she wrapped her arms around my waist and kissed me. I laughed as soon as her lips met mine and then she did. She pulled her face away from mine and looked at me smiling.

"What's so funny?" She asked and I continued laughing.

"You're so stupid, I love that about you." I said and she let go of me and walked away laughing. I walked after her laughing.

"I'm sitting here trying to be romantic and you wanna laugh." She said jokingly as she rolled her eyes. I tried to kiss her and she pulled away, making me laugh more. She finally gave in after a few more attempts to kiss her and pulled me close. We didn't kiss though, she just looked into my eyes for a moment before pecking my lips and pulling away. As she did her cousin walked in and gasped jokingly, not so much in a "wow what's going on" kind of way, more like a "i'm telling your mom" kind of way. CJ ushered her cousin out of the room and closed and locked the door behind her.

"So, do you wanna go downstairs and eat and mingle some more, or get breakfast just you and me?" She asked me and I raised an eyebrow at her. She knew what my decision was. Without words she nodded her head and grabbed my hand and walked to her door, after unlocking it we walked downstairs. Her mom and dad stopped us before we walked out the door.

"Where you girls off to?" Her mother asked us and I looked at CJ.

"We are gonna go make a juice run, we are running low on orange juice. We might grab some food for ourselves while we are out." CJ said casually and her dad nodded.

"Okay, have fun." Her dad said as they walked back into the crowd of people leaving us to go. I stood in shock. Her parents were cool with her leaving and that was it? CJ grabbed my hand and without any words she walked me to my car. Once we sat inside, I turned on the car and she looked at me before grabbing my hand and squeezing it.

"Let's go." I said as I pulled out of my spot and drove us to the Daily Mug. CJ smiled widely as we drove. I loved her smile. I loved making her happy.