twenty seven

-Rebecca's p.o.v.-

I slept. And slept. And slept. I kept waking up but putting myself back to sleep. I decided to wake up and start my day around 2:30pm. It was a Saturday, so I had no school. I checked my phone and saw CJ had texted me.

To Rebecca: so um. I'm assuming your mum doesn't want me around. But do you wanna hang out today ?

She sent it hours ago, but I responded quickly.

To CJ: maybe we can go to the park. Meet me there in a half hour.

She responded fast.

To Rebecca: see you then.

I put my phone down and showered. After I got out of the shower, I got dressed and grabbed my keys and phone. I saw my mum in the living room rearranging some stuff on the coffee table.

"Where are you going?" My mum asked.

"Park. I need to go for a walk." I said. "Wanna come so you can critic my workouts too?" I asked and my mum shook her head.

"No. Go. See you later." She said and I walked right out the door. That was easier than I thought. I got into my car and rushed to the park. I turned on some music on the way there, but quickly had to turn it off. Someone was calling me, I checked my phone and it was just CJ. I let out a sigh and answered, then focused my eyes back on the road.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey. Change of plans, meet me at my house. It's urgent." She said and hung up. My heart started racing. I turned around and went toward CJ's house. I sped down the roads and quickly arrived in her driveway. No one was home. I got out of the car and rushed to her front door and rang the doorbell. No one answered. I knocked loudly.

"CJ! It's me! Open up!" I yelled. No answer. I tried to wiggle the door handle and it opened. I ran inside.

"CJ! Where are you?" I yelled. No response. I ran up the stairs and opened her door quickly. She was sitting in the corner curled up. I walked up to her and shook her shoulder lightly. She snapped her neck back and looked at me with fear in her eyes. Her cheeks stained with tears, her eyes puffy and red. What happiness ? She popped the earbuds out of her ears and looked at me.

"You're mom is ruining my life."

---

i'm a cheerleader.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें