eleven

-Rebecca's p.o.v.-

We finished our food and hung out at the park for a while. By the time we got back to my house it was 12:30am. Once we were inside, we walked up to my room and closed the door. I was tired and just felt like sleeping, but I put on the tv for CJ before looking for the air mattress.

"I'm gonna go grab the air mattress I think it's downstairs in the guest room." I said and walked out my door and downstairs. I grabbed it and quickly went back up the stairs being as quiet as possible. I hated being downstairs at night. It felt creepy. As I walked back into the room, I saw CJ sitting on my bed waiting for me to come back. As soon as I entered the room she looked at me and smiled. I inflated the mattress for her and set everything up and then got in my own bed. CJ watched tv for a bit before turning it off and getting tucked in. Before she did though, she walked up to my bed and whispered something in a different language before going to her "bed" and falling asleep.

---

I woke up around 7:30. I rolled over and grabbed the journal in my bedside drawer and wrote until CJ woke up. When she woke up she groaned and rolled to the edge of the bed to the point where I was afraid she'd fall off.

"Good morning, sunshine." I mumbled and she laughed.

"Shut up." She groaned and got out of bed and walked to the bathroom to fix her hair. I had a bathroom in my room but it was kinda small. I never saw it as small until I saw CJs though. She walked into the bathroom with a comb and after a few minutes came back with a smile. She grabbed the bag she brought with her to the game and pulled out a pair of underwear , and a shirt. She was planning on staying here. What would have happened if I said no? Would she have stayed somewhere else? Would she have been safe? I shook my head to free these thoughts from my mind as she asked me if she could shower.

"Of course. There should be a stack of bath towels in there on a little shelf." I said and she thanked me as she walked into the bathroom and closed and locked the door behind her. I let out a deep sigh and got back to writing. CJ took a quick shower and was in and out in about 20 minutes. Clothed and all. She brought her laundry and put it back in her bag. I frowned.

"CJ. You can put your laundry in my basket I'm gonna wash stuff later anyway." I said and she looked at me.

"Nah it's ok. I'm gonna try and go home today." She said and closed her bag up. "Wanna go out for breakfast?" She asked and I nodded my head.

"Gimme a minute to get ready." I said as I got up and walked to my dresser. I grabbed a pair of pj pants and a hoodie and changed quickly. After grabbing some sneakers I put my hair in a messy bun and grabbed my keys.

"Let's go." I said as I grabbed my wallet and we walked out of my room. As we walked down the stairs as quietly as possible I could hear my parents talking. They were probably in the kitchen. I whispered to CJ to walk faster so we wouldn't be seen and we quickly rushed out of the house and ran into my car. When CJ closed her door I started my car and quickly left my house. My heart was racing and as we drove CJ and I began to laugh hysterically. Once the moment passed, I asked CJ where she wanted to eat and we ended up deciding on the Daily Mug. We pulled into the parking lot and saw it was empty. We wondered for a moment and realised it was Monday. We both looked at the clock and saw it was 8:15am. We were late for school. We both looked at each other and then looked down at ourselves. We weren't ready to go to school. We shrugged our shoulders and walked in the restaurant to have breakfast. Once again the customer service was lacking, but eventually we got our food and enjoyed each other's company. We decided we'd go home , I'd change and I'd drive us to school. CJ informed me that the bag she had contained the basic things she needed for school and so she'd be fine. I frowned again and wondered what the argument between her and her mom was about. As I pushed the thoughts away again, the waitress brought us our check and we split the cost, I left a small tip and we left. I rushed back to my house, climbed into my window, got ready, and rushed back outside. Then it hit me, how was I going to climb down my house with a heavy backpack. I emptied all I could out of it and as soon as I got to the overhang above my patio, I threw it on the front lawn then jumped off myself. It was fine, all that was in there was a journal, pencils, and a binder. My wallet and phone stayed with me. When I got to the lawn I grabbed my bag and ran to the car to get me and CJ to school. CJ laughed at me since apparently it was funny watching me rush down my house. I rolled my eyes and soon we were in front of the school. I parked and CJ and I rushed out of the car before exchanging goodbyes and going our separate ways.