thirty two

-Rebecca's p.o.v.-

CJ and I talked and talked and talked until the sun rose. We didn't realise we talked through the night until the sunshine peaked through her curtains. We laughed about it and decided to just start our day. We walked downstairs and got some food and walked back to her room to get ready. We both took quick showers and were out of the house by 7:30. We drove to school together. I dropped her off in the front and went to go look for a good parking space. We exchanged goodbyes before heading our separate ways.

---

Once I found a spot, I went to my first period class. They pulled me out early though since we had a pep rally today and I had to prepare. I rushed to the gym to get ready. As I walked into the locker room, I heard giggles and whispers all around me. I ignored it and got ready.

"Hey, homo." Jenna said. The rest of the girls giggled after she said it.

"Hey, Jenna." I said. "You know, I will never know how you find time to do anything since you spend so much time up my ass." I said and the other girls whispered amongst themselves.

"Shut up, you stupid homo." She said and I cocked my head back. I walked toward her.

"What you call me?" I said and walked close to her. She spit in my face and I went off. I tackled her to the ground and got on top of her as I punched her in the face over and over. She began to bleed and I kept going. I would have kept going, but after a few minutes I was pulled off of her by a coach.

I tried to pull away and spit on Jenna's body before being dragged out of the locker room. Girls crowded around Jenna as I was pulled away.

I was taken straight to the principal. I waited outside her office for a few minutes before being let inside. I sat in front of her with only my sports bra on. I didn't have a chance to grab a shirt before being forced out of the locker room.

"Wanna explain yourself?" My principal asked me.

"Sure. After I get a shirt. " I said and a woman I had never seen before quickly came in and set down a school gym shirt in front of me. I quickly put it on.

"Well. I was changing and some girl called me out of my name. So naturally, I defended myself." I said and sat back in my chair.

"Someone calling you a name is no reason to beat someone up. Especially as bad as you hurt Jenna." She said. "There is no excuse for that." She said and stood up. "I've called your parents and they said they refuse to get involved. So it's me and you." She said. "You're almost 18. I'll let you deal with this, so let's cut to the chase. You will be suspended for three days since you have some exams to take Thursday and Friday. And you will be seeing the school counsellor weekly from now on. You obviously have some things you need to deal with." She said. "The paperwork will be dealt with later. Now get out of my office." She said and I got up and walked out. That went very differently than I thought it would. It was almost like she was on Jenna's side. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag and went to the stupid pep rally.

I walked inside the gym and found a seat in the senior section and waited for the pep rally to start. Quickly it did and people whipped out their phones to record it. I sat on my phone during it even though I was told by a few teachers to put it away. I didn't care anymore. The pep rally ended after a little while and the whole schooled poured out of the gym. I went to my next class and waited for the day to be over. As usual the day went pretty fast and in no time I was in the car waiting for CJ to get there so we could go home. She came to the car pretty quickly and in moments we were off. I dropped her off at home and told her I'd be back in a bit. I went to the gas station to get some gas and water, then head back to CJ's house. I parked in front of her house and walked in and said hi and bye to her parents before walking up the stairs to CJ's room. We watched tv for a bit and cuddled up for a bit before CJ took a nap. No stress. Nothing but love. I smiled and grabbed my bag from the end of the bed and decided to write something for CJ. After about an hour I got my final product.

CJ, I don't have a dollar to my name
Any idea what our future holds
But I'm willing to figure it out with you
And I hope you feel the same

all i have to offer you is my honour
My heart
A tolerance for pain
And for you to take soon, my last name

It's crazy, you're family brings out a different side of me
Your mother and father trust me
Mandy confides in me
Some of them even think I don't love what's between you and me

No stress, my love for you is never in doubt
We'll get a little place together and we'll figure it out

Even though the future seems scary
I hope you're willing to go into it with nothing but excitement with me

For my one and only

Catherine-Jane Jackson.

I finished it and put it back in my bag and held CJ and I ran my fingers through her hair as I fell asleep.