Chapter Two

Chapter Two

When Alec had gotten home with my groceries later that night I'd decided not to tell him about the gift from Spencer. Instead we added the entire experience to the 'Do Not Speak Of' list. We'd ended up making smoothies and playing monopoly.

I'd ask him the normal questions. How was school? How was Charleston? When could I come and visit him? Who his girlfriend was and why I couldn't meet her? He'd laughed nervously and had the same answer each time. I'd rolled my eyes and tell him sure.

"What about you Harper, you got anyone I need to beat up?" He joked.

I give him the look, which any other guy would back down from, but he was the one who taught me it.

"What happened Harp." His attitude changed, no longer my older funny brother, but my serious protector. He had only just turned eighteen when he accident happened. He'd worked his aśs off so I didn't have to move when he left for college. He used his college fund to help pay the bills. We didn't expect him to be able to go to college and I was ready to give home my own college fund, but a miracle happened and he was given a full ride to the College of Charleston.When we found out we both cried and held each other after his senior year and my freshman year. We managed to have enough money to manage to still pay the bills on our house. So here we are sitting around the same table we did when we planed the fines and when we got the call. Three years later and it still hurt like hell, and it wasn't just my nose or head.

"Alec? Do you think Mom would be mad at me for what I did?" I ask softly.

"No I think she would be piśsed that you got hurt, but secretly proud of you for standing up for yourself." He met my gaze, this was way to far into the no talk about zone.

"Do you want ice cream I have cookies and cream, um and I think I have strawberry. Or you can have fruit cause your like healthy and šhit." I get up from the table and walk into the kitchen.

"Harp. Are we ever going to talk about this. It's been three fùcking years."

"I know I just, do we have to do it today. I'm tired."

"Of course, I'll walk you to bed."

I laugh "I am not four."

"I know but you my little sis and I want to tuck you in."

"That's so weird, I'm seventeen years old."

"Well I'm a weird person." He wraps me in a hug before walking down the hall way to his old bedroom. I close my door and stare at the morning glory. I walked over to the small objects and place them gently in my drawer.

Without a second thought I put on Alec's old shirt and climbed in bed.

That night I unfortunately fell asleep with Spencer Eastwood on my mind. I tried to do anything to stop thinking about his disgustingly beautiful face. If only he was some kind of robot and you put him in a corner and just look at him. Does that make me weird? Yes...

***

I awoke to the smell of bacon, I followed my nose all the way to the kitchen. My brother cooking bacon and eggs on the small cooktop. Tiptoeing toward him I creep up behind him and whisper in his eye, "Who's you secret girlfriend?"

He jumps and yelps like scared puppy.

I burst out laughing.

He just glares, "I could've hurt myself or you."

"Oh pleaseeee, that's a lousy excuse."

His glare lighted, and he smiled. "Good morning little sister."