Chapter Twenty

Okay so before I start here are Megan's and Harper's dresses

Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

The weeks leading up to the wedding were hell.

Well the first wasn't awful, the act of being strong was still fresh and I was able to fool myself into happiness.

That didn't last.

I was happy sometimes, Julius helped along with my other friends, but without Spencer, everything seemed off.

At first I tried to feel nothing for him, to block him out of my mind, but that didn't work.

I tried hating him, tried so hard to despise him, but that didn't work either. I had just ended up hating myself.

The past week was hardest. He hadn't showed up to school, and the week before he had looked awful.

He had bruises all over his face, his nose looked broken again, he had a black eye and a split lip.

Sometimes I'd catch him looking at me and he'd open his mouth to saying something, but he'd only shut his mouth and turn away.

It broke my heart to see him, but it shattered my soul not too.

I tried to distract myself with the wedding and Julius, which often failed.

But when I was alone I'd find myself pulling out the bear he had given me that first day and watching the video of when he had kissed me after placing the ring on my finger.

Megan knew something was wrong, and I was an awful friend for neglecting my duties as maid of honor.

Thankfully for me the couple had decided not to have bachelor/bachelorette parties until Megan had given birth.