Chapter Ten

Luke Volker as Carter, anyone?

The song is Weak by AJR, *wink wink*, enjoy it. I love the song, but tell me if you make connections.

Anyways here we go, another update.

Chapter Ten

I wake up in a great mood. Carter was already up and was in the kitchen making something.

Following my nose to the smell of heaven. To find Carter making sausage and eggs. "Carter you can stay the night whenever you want if that food taste as good as it smells." I tell him, while my mouth fills with saliva in anticipation of those glorious things touching my tongue.

"Hey, before you get any ideas save some for me." Carter says turning towards me with a big smile on his face.

"When will they be done?" I ask breathlessly.

"Hold your horses Harp, it'll be a while, how bout you go get dressed." He states before returning to cooking.

I huff before rushing off to my room. I grab my outfit and straighten my hair.

After what feels like forever I'm done with my hair I put my clothes on. There is an unwritten rule at Northline High School that says that every time there's a football game we all dress up. So that's exactly what I did.

I put on green moto skinny jeans and flowy white sleeveless top. I went with a silver statement neckless. I did a simple smoky eye because why the hell not. To finish it off I put on my favorite black stilettos with an ankle strap.

I looked at myself in the mirror, I loved dressing up but it was so much effort and I'm lazy as fuck so. Today was different, today was going to be a good day.

I returned to Carter to find the food was done. He had made sausage, scrambled eggs and had cut fresh fruit.

"If I wasn't gay, I'd think I'd combust at the sight of you." Carter says when he sees me.

I smirk at him, and pose in the middle of the kitchen. Laughing I sit down next to him at the island. "About that, if you like Mason why did you dare Megan to take a belly shot from him?"  I ask him curiously. As soon as I as I know that it could be a mistake. "Carter, ignore me, I am sorry." My blood  heats and I know my face is as red as a tomato.

"I am in love with Mason, but that doesn't mean I don't want him to be happy. If he is happy with someone else, I'd must rather that person be Megan over random sluts." He admits, before turning all of his forces on his food.

"Carter" I say quietly feeling awful for him. I wrap my arms around him awkwardly due to the position of the chairs.

"I was so mad yesterday morning when you showed up and you were so happy. I was so jealous, not of Spencer, but of the fact that you were happy, that you could be with Spencer after less then a week and after years of being in love you Mason I'd gotten nothing." Carter looked guilty at me.

My heart broke for him, I don't even know how someone could go through that. "Tell me what I can do, I don't want you to through this alone." I tell him real concern lacing my words.

"You've done enough, having someone to talk to takes so much stress off of me. You don't need to do anything other then be my friend." He says squeezing my hand, "Now please eat my food, which btw I slaved over so you better enjoy it." Carter says laughing.

I dig into my food, which is heavenly. I am so thankful that Carter made sausage over beacon, sausage is so much better. And if all healthy food tasted like Carter's cooking I'd probably eat it more. Who am I kidding me and poptarts go way back.