Courage of Convictions

Okay this chapter is different but I am going to make it a chapter, but it is more like a exert from Courage of Convictions. It is from Dante's POV, and is the same day as Chapter Fifteen. You do not have to necessarily have to read thiS, but I really really REALLY enjoyed writing it, and some things will be mentioned by Spencer and Harper later.

I highly suggest you read it. I love Dante's character and am so excited for Courage of Convictions.

I hope you enjoy it.

Courtyard Convictions Exert

*Dante POV*

Today was another shit ass day.

Some shithead decided to tell my boss that I had been showing up at work tipsy.

Not my fault working in a tourist center is fucking frustrating.

And, then there was the fact that I beat the shit out of Kat's boyfriend, well formally boyfriend. The creep was swapping numbers with some cocktail waitress at a bar and when I asked him if he had a loving girlfriend he only laughed and said Kat was an easy, needy, bleach blonde hoe.

So, I turned him into a bloody, cheating, son of a bitch.

Well, he was already a cheating son of a bitch, I just turned him bloody. Very bloody.

No one talks about my girl like that and gets away with it.

In all technicalities she really is not my girl anymore. I had ruined any and all chances of that mouths ago.

Still, Katherine would always own a large proportion of my heart.

And maybe on any other day other than today I would go home to the house and drink until one a random girl looked like Kat and forget for a brief moment about the past, but tonight I can't do that.

I can't be around the boys tonight. Most of them were friends with Katherine and were a constant reminder of what I had lost.

What I really needed was to get into a fight, I needed to hurt something. That creep had not been enough to stifle my bloodlust. I needed to feel someone's nose break under my fist, the way my knuckles ache after a fight or the look on onlookers as they witness me rip into someone.

I could usually pack my anger away and put on my careless face. The face most of the brothers knew at Sigma Alpha Epsilon, the face that Kat had seen through and called me out on.

God I need a drink as well.

I walk into a random bar, it was packed due to it being Saturday night. I go to the bar and order the hardest liquor they have.

By the time I have a couple of those, until the weight of my troubles seem lighter.

I walk up to the biggest dude I can see.

"Give me back my wallet you fuck." I tell him and shove the guy a little.

He is probably thirty something and is about two inches taller then me and much heavier. Not an easy fight for a lesser man.

"I don't have your wallet man, back off." He says and pushes me as well.

Worst mistake of his life.

I slam my fist into his gut and smile.

The man retaliates and tries to punch me, but I quickly step back and collide my fist into his nose, his mouth, his eye. At some point he fell.

People try and pull me off of him, but I am rabid, every punch accurate and bone crushing.

A few people get me off of him, and then I see the damage, the man is out cold, blood covers the floor, phones flashed as they took videos, and everyone stared. At me, at the man, at what I've done.