Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

After the incident, we got out and laid on the sandy shore for a while. Just talking and enjoying the view. Which was the river, definitely not the haft naked, heavily muscled guy laying beside me.

"Unicorns or mermaids?" I ask, staring up at the clear spot in the sky, as we lay next to each other. Not touching.

He is quiet for a moment. "Would there be male mermaids? Cause I don't think I'd be able to compete with that." Well for once he's not vain, "well maybe I could go down to Australia and jump in a moon pool and be haft mermaid, you know like in H2O."

I burst out laughing, "You watch H2O?" I ask though gasp of laughter.

"Hey I have a little sister and I mean come on Claire Holt is super hot, like hot damn." He says smirking and sitting up. "Let's go jump again, I promise I won't throw you off." He says as he stands up and holds out his arms for me to follow him.

"Yea, not gonna happen, Eastwood" I fell for that once, not gonna happen again. I close my eyes and turn on my stomach. "You're a big boy just go by yourself, I'll stay here and pertain like I'm actually going to tan."

"Pleaseeeeeeeee, Evangeline, I don't want to go without you." He pouts.

"Nope"

"Have I told you how great your aśs looks in those underwear. I could barely sleep last night because I kept-"

"URG!! Stop talking please, I don't want your perverted thoughts in my head." I interrupt, keeping what was sure to be a horrible statement inside his mouth.

"I'll stop if you come jump with me." He says smirking, knowing he's won.

I get up and look down at myself, I'll be eternally grateful that I wore a matching grey t-shirt sports bra and underwear. Thank you lord for this gift. "Fine,'' I mutter not willing to put up an argument, and start up the hill again.

"So Evangeline, have you had a good time?" He asks when we reach the top.

"I suppose" I sit down on the ledge over looking the waterfall and the river. I look onto the forest beyond, spotting figures in the brush near by, coming this way. "Um, Spencer, this wouldn't happen to be private property would it?" I ask skeptically, not removing my eyes from the people.

"Well, it kinda is." He says sighing.

"So if someone found us on their property they could legally have the right to shoot us if we, were you know trust passing.?" I ask standing up slowly.

"I mean I doubt anyone should do that, but I guess." He says scanning our surroundings.

"Can we not find out? There is three people over there down river coming this way, please let's just go." I say turning pleading eyes to him.

"We can go if you jump with me, one last time." He says smirking down at me.

"Spencer, they'll hear us. Please let's just go." I beg him.

"One jump then we can swim to shore, it'll be faster anyways." He takes my hand before I can object, he looks at me while before backing up taking me with him, the running towards the ledge. "Jump!" He says when we reach the edge.

Keeping my hand in his I push off up and out. This jump was much more frightening then the first, I watched as the dark surface got closer and closer, until I was absorbed into it. The temperature of the water was the first thing to register, then before I knew it I was being dragged to the surface by my hand.

I break the surface after Spencer to find that there's yelling that doesn't belong to Spencer, but rather the people I'd spotted before.

"You're gonna have to swim fast, Evangeline. Don't let go of me okay?" He doesn't give me time to answer before emerging under the surface and swimming with me. Thankfully we make it to the shore in one breath. We race up the shore to where our clothes are. I grab my clothes and my combat boots and run to where Spencer is waiting by the path.