Chapter Twelve

Sorry for the wait, studying for ACTs HAHAHA SO MUCH FUN!!

Thank you so much brikate03 for the gorgeous cover !

Enjoy...

Chapter Twelve

I was huddled in the corner of my new room, eye buds tightly plugged into my eyes , the volume turned all the way up. Blocking out the sounds admitting from Mom's room.

She never brought men home.

So when she brought home the man with chestnut hair and dead eyes, Alec and I had been surprised. Actually more liked shocked.

Mom had given us a look telling us that she'll explain later, so Alec and I hadn't voiced our questions.

We had just gotten home from school when Mom and the strange man had stumbled in. Alec was in the living room while I stood in the kitchen, in full view.

The man's eyes had darkened when he'd seen me, drinking me in.

Mom hadn't noticed, she'd only given me a hard glance before dragging him back to her room.

Not soon after that, noises had come from he back of the house. Alec had stiffened before leading me to my room and locking the door behind him.

Alec didn't say anything, he'd only forced a smile before throwing me a pair of headphones, and laid on the bed.

Trying to focus on the music instead of the bang of the bed against the wall.

A moan.

A lyric.

A bang.

A piano cord.

A scream.

I feel the tears drip down my face, uncontrollable.

I tried to not to think about it. About how that was my mother. How she had protected me and sacrificed so much.

And here I was.

I silently push to my feet and go unlock my bedroom door. I jog down the hallway to Mom's room.

Silencing Alec's shouting as I shove open my mother's door.

She shouldn't have to sacrifice, to suffer.

The next moments were a blur. There was already blood on Mom, admitting from a slash on her thigh. Her trembling voice telling us to leave.

The man's eyes burned into mine as a gasp comes from me. I made my way towards Mom, but the man yells at me to stay back.

Alec's arms wrap around me keeping me back.

I think I am screaming.

The man shouts at me to stop, and warns me what'll happen if I don't.

I don't.

Alec doesn't.

I watch defenseless was he rips into her.

I scream from terror and anger. Fighting Alec I rip from his grip and rush to her.

Her limbs tightened up, the blood covering her.

Alec lunches himself at the man, but it's no use. Alec is knocked out after two punches.

The man laughs, his dark eyes filled with a murderous gleam.

I Broke the Bad Boy's NoseOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara