Chapter Twenty-One

The Shag is a southern partner dance, usually danced at parties and weddings. I grew up dancing it and is South Carolina's state dance. It doesn't really have a particular song but, I really suggest looking it up. It is a lot of fun and super simple. #thisisnotapromo

Kissing Spencer was like answering a long forgotten question and realizing what happiness is like at the same time.

We stayed out on the ledge kissing until our lips were swollen and our hair soaked. We probably would've stayed longer, but I felt bad for leaving my best friend's wedding. Actually I felt freaking terrible...

Hand in hand, I pull Spencer back inside to the ceremony.

I duck into the bathroom to attempt to dry my hair and dress.

But what I see, causes a gasp to escape my lips.

There was Julius and Megan's little sister, Gillian, gently kissing against the counter.

"Holy stars!" I gasp at the two as they turn to look at me, both of their faces red.

"Oh my gosh, this isn't what it looks like. Oh please don't tell Megan. I should leave." Gillian squeaks as she breaks away from Julius and rushes out of the bathroom.

"Gilly." Julius called after her before giving me apologetic look before following her out.

I laugh to myself as pull paper towels out and attempt to dry myself.

Who knew Romeo was looking for his Juliet.

Well shoot, that means they both commit suicide..

fuck........................

After I get over myself, I leave the sanctuary of my humor and solitude to find Spencer talking to Mason and Carter, clearly having a tense conversation.

Before I can hear anything Spencer rushes over to me and grips my waist and leads me away from the boys towards the dance floor, where couples were dancing the new couple was laughing with Willow between them.

I try to not think about the fact that we were avoiding that Spencer had pulled me way from the boys in attempts to stop some conversation from going down.

As I rocked in his arms to a slow song his blue eyes caught mine and then rolls his. "You have that look." He states and pulls me closer to him.

"What look?" I ask him, know what look he was talking about. Megan always called it the 'Bitch I'm in deep thought, and and keeping it in' look.

"It looks like you ate a rat and are trying to decide what level of disgusting it was." He joked and brushed his hand up and down my back.

"What were you and the boys talking about before you so obviously pulled me away?" I ask, skipping all the bs.

Sighing Spencer rested his head in the crock of my neck, hiding his face. "They were worried that you were just one of my latest conquest and that I would throw you away after I get what I want." He states honestly, before continuing quickly. "But I told them that you are my sweet, Evangeline and I would never intentionally hurt you. That you make me want to be different and that I gave them permission to kick my ass if i did hurt you."

I push Spencer's head back so I can see his face, and see how he reacted. I found his cheeks flushed and his sapphire eyes ablaze with passion. I close the gap once again trapping his lips with mine.

"I said I was okay with relationship, but that is my sister your mouth is groping." Alec says from beside us, and causes us to break apart.

Spencer, being Spencer, only winked at Alec.