Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Sunday flew by, due to the fact that I was home alone and I could blare my music without interruption.

Unfortunately 24 hours of house partying in solitude does not do good things for you on Monday morning.

Haft in a haze I showered and got ready, dressing in ripped jeans and a red hoodie. Before grabbing a pop tart and eating it in the car.

Smooth right....

By the time I pulled into the parking lot, most of the spaces were taken and the only empty one happened to have my all time favorite person standing by his motorcycle in the space next to it.

I curse Spencer Eastwood to hell as I pull into the spot and casually rush out of my car.

He leans against his bike, smirking as I passed him. And before I knew it he was walking next to me. Our hands brushing as we walked.

Not that I noticed.

Remember you're mad at him.

"What is it Spencer?" I asked him, my voice flat and dull, as we entered the school gates.

"No hello, I'm hurt Evangeline." He faked sadness before smirking down at me. His eyes infatuations as they stared into mine.

I gave him a flat look before turning away from him and walking away.

His footsteps echoed after me. "Oh come on Evangeline, I thought you said we could me friends. Friends don't run away from each other." He said before hooking an arm around my shoulder.

"Oh no, they just prefer to slam doors in their faces and tell each other to what was it, oh yeah, 'stay the hell away from me', so how bout you take your own advise." I snap and duck under his arm, attempting to get away from him.

He once again followed me. "No can do sweetheart, your stuck with me remember." He once again smirks at me before nudging me with his hip.

I smirk this time, but unlike his gesture mine was not joking and full of charm. "About that, it's about time I go talk to Mr. Blake about our arrangement. I think we've had our share of punishment." I continued walking this time not caring if he followed me.

He did, it seemed, to follow me to the principal's office, but as we entered we were not the only students in there.

Julius Romeo was seated in one of the chairs.

"Romeo!" I exclaimed, for the first time all morning I smiled.

Julius jumped out of his chair and gave a me hug. "Hello Love, it's so good to see you again." He smiled broadly at me, before turning to face Spencer.

"Julius, this is Spencer Eastwood, Spencer this is Julius Fallon. Y'all met each other a couple of days ago, trust me Romeo, Spencer is going to be just as pleasant as he was that morning." I make the introduction, before I glance at a sulking Spencer and then smile at Julius.

Mr. Blake coughs awkwardly even though he is the only adult in the room. "Ms. Hoffman, Mr. Eastwood, what brings you to my office this morning?" He asks looking over the three of us.

"I would like to try and get out of this agreement between Spencer and I. We have served our punishment, and I mean Spencer didn't even come to school last week." I tell him politely, giving the principal my best smile.