Chapter 26

Throughout the work day, Jess found his thoughts returning to Natalie. Never in his wildest dreams could he have thought he would not only like his most recent blind date, but count down the days and hours until he'd get to see her again.

On their last date, Jess wanted to plan something special. After having Brian probe Linda for information, Jess learned that Natalie was an art lover. While he loved art in the form of writing, she loved art in the form of paintings. He planned a trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art so the pair could just wander around as long as they desired, getting lost in the displays. Knowing that dinner could be a bit later, it seemed that a sandwich may be in order.

After picking Natalie up and informing her of their plans, Jess was surprised to find that she had never been to the Metropolitan Museum of Art so his idea was on target. They did just what Jess had planned— spent hours meandering around the facility, pointing out interesting pieces or ones that were confusing. A light dinner yielded a lively conversation about what they had seen, while seguing into other topics. The talking flowed easily, effortlessly.

That evening, looking at the dark haired beauty in front of him, Jess suddenly knew he found what he'd been looking for, what he thought Rory was. Jess found the love of his life.

In that moment, Jess knew he was staring into the eyes of the woman who would become his wife.

*****

After Luke and Lorelai decided they wanted to try for a baby, they began looking at reproductive clinics to undergo testing. They felt that it was best to jump right to that step to eliminate wasting precious time. Testing would hopefully determine whether a pregnancy was a likely option or if any other problems may hinder their ability to conceive naturally or if a little help would be required.

Lorelai wanted to research what options were available in case assistance was needed. Some of the methods, such as in vitro fertilization, were intimidating. While every couple who walks through those office doors does, she hoped that those techniques wouldn't be necessary.

A major concern for Lorelai was the fact that she was nearing fifty. Would the doctor tell her that she was too far passed the age that a pregnancy would be recommended? Wanting to look a little more into that, she did some searching online for pregnancy later in life and realized it would really depend on her body and what the doctor felt was safe. She decided to not worry herself with her age and would trust that whatever was meant to be would be.

Lying in bed that night, Lorelai told Luke about all she learned. She wanted to get a feel for how far he'd want to take this whole baby thing before the appointment. To her surprise, Luke said he would be content doing whatever they needed to in order to have a baby. Lorelai was able to peacefully sleep that night, dreaming of the little baby boy with her blue eyes and his daddy's love of baseball.