Chapter 2- Surprise?

Dedicated to Magicstudy for the amazing cover!! XD. Anyways ENJOY!!!

Chapter 2- Surprise?

My body felt weird. My head was pounding. I groaned and turned my head to the side. The light behind my eyes dimmed. I reached my hand up and caressed the side of my head. I opened my eyes and squinted, trying to focus on the shape looming over me. My vision blurred and I blinked a couple of times. My vision cleared and I was gifted with the sight of golden eyes staring back at me in concern.

I yelped in surprise and sat up quickly. My head swam and I groaned and fell back against the pillow.

“Easy there now.” a deep voice chuckled. I looked up again to see Xander sitting in a chair next to the bed.

I assessed my surroundings and sure enough I found myself in the nurse’s office. I looked back towards Xander and found him gazing at me in awe. I raised my eyebrow at him in question.

He chuckled. “Sorry. So are you alright?” he asked, concern dripping from his honey sweet voice.

I opened my mouth to speak but then closed it and cleared my throat. “Yea, I’m fine. Thanks.” I croaked.

He smiled dazzlingly at me showing his crisp white teeth. I couldn’t help but smile back slightly. His eyes brightened when he saw me smile. I blushed and quickly looked away.

I cleared my throat again, “So what happened?” I asked quietly. He furrowed his brows and looked off in concentration.

“I’m not sure exactly. One minute you were fine and talking and the next minute you fainted.” Thank goodness he didn’t catch that little staring fest I had.

I nodded my head and looked towards the clock on the far wall. It was nearly nine o’clock meaning first period was about to let out. I’ve been unconscious for the past hour. Silence filled the air but it wasn’t the least bit awkward. It was actually really comforting.

Every now and then I would sneak glance at him only to find him still staring. I saw he opened his mouth to say something but was cut off when a blur of dark brown hair ran into the room and flung herself onto the bed.

“Oh my gosh Serenity! You had me terrified. I thought you almost died!” Brianna gushed out in a hurry. She pulled me into a bone-crushing hug and I froze. I wasn’t really used to being hugged. When someone approached me it was either to abuse me verbally or physically. I looked up at Xander pleadingly.

He chuckled softly at my begging look and sighed. “Bre I think you might actually kill her if you keep hugging her like that.” Brianna laughed nervously and let go.

She smiled apologetically and I smiled in return. Brianna grinned and bounced up and down on the bed excitedly. I looked at her in horror and confusion. She was way to hyper but I found myself smiling at her cheeriness. “You guys would make such a cute couple.” she stated enthusiastically. I widened my eyes at her in horror and blushed a deep crimson. I looked away and pulled my knees to my chest and hugged them.

Xander groaned in frustration and rolled his eyes. “Bre if you keep talking like that I will be forced to kick your ass.”

Brianna stuck her tongue out at him, “Nah uh I’m your Beta so I could probably take you or at least put up a good fight.” I had totally forgotten that they were from a different pack.

“So you’re the alpha of the pack that just moved here?” I questioned pointing at Xander. He nodded a glint present in his eye.

“Yup” he said popping the ‘p’. “Alpha oh the Blood Moon Pack. She’s my beta unfortunately.” He stated pointing towards Bre. I just nodded my head and let the information sink in.

“So did you find your mate yet?” Xander asked hope sparkling in his eyes.

I froze. My heart squeezed and tightened in my chest. My eyes burned from the forming tears. My wolf howled in agony.

“N-no” I whispered hoarsely. I cleared my throat and blinked the tears back. I breathed in deeply and stated in a detached voice, “No I have not met my mate yet.” I looked at Xander and saw he was relieved but slightly skeptical.

He was about to say something but a low menacing growl interrupted him and flooded our ears. The three of our heads snapped up towards the door. My eyes widened and nearly fell out of my head. There in the doorway stood Axel with a murderous look on his face staring directly at me.   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter was sorta like a filler but I really wanted to get a chapter out. I LOVE the feedback this story's been getting.  I'm so happy now XD!

So please remember to 

VOTE!

FAN!

and

 COMMENT!