Chapter 14- Moving Out

I lay on Xander’s chest in his room. His arm was wrapped tightly around my waist. I sighed in contentment. I felt safe, secure… happy. This is what life with a mate was supposed to feel like. A life filled with happiness and joy not abuse and rape.

Turning my head to the bedside table, I looked at the clock. It was only four in the morning. Turning back I thought back to the events of the past week.

~

“Wh-what?” I choked out. I obviously didn’t hear him right because it sounded like he said he loves me?

He sighed and closed his eyes. “You know exactly what I said Serenity.”

“You’re joking right?” I didn’t know what I wanted the answer to be. I was filled with a mixture of hope and fear. It was a really weird feeling.

He shook his head and opened his eyes. He looked me square in the eye, dead serious but warmth and love swirled causing his golden eyes to brighten up a shade.

He said slowly and precisely putting an emphasis on each word, “I. Love. You. Serenity.”

My heart rate increased and my palms felt sweaty. These words made my heart swell. He loves me. He actually loves me.

“You love me? You love me.” I said trying the words out that have been foreign to me for seven years now.

He nodded his head. “I do.”

Another question popped into my head. Did I love him back? I like him a lot but love has been so strange to me, so foreign for such a long time. I don’t remember what love felt like. What it’s supposed to feel like.

Xander sensed my hesitation and was quick to say comforting words. “You don’t have to say it back just yet. Say it when you’re ready and when you are I’ll be there.

Tears filled my eyes. I smiled and nodded. He crushed me to him enveloping me into a hug that said all I wanted- all I needed- to hear.

I’ll never let you go…

~

It was when we reached his pack house that I realized what I needed to do. I needed to move out of the Shadow’s Keepers Pack and cut my ties to the pack.

~~*~~

Morning came and with it a brighter outlook on life. Snuggling deeper into Xander’s side I realized that life can’t constantly be all bad- there are good things as well.

I looked towards the clock, deciding that I had work to do I headed to the bathroom to freshen up.