Chapter 5 - Pain before Smiling

Chapter 5- Pain before Smiling

I stared on in horror as my phone vibrated in my hand. I made the decision to answer it so I could hopefully avoid a beating. I slid the answer key and gulped audibly before pressing it to my ear.

“Hello?” I said tentatively.

“Where the hell are you?! You should be here right now! People have said you’ve been missing since last night! Where the fuck were you!?” he yelled in my ear. I flinched back at his angry tone.

“I’m sorry I was hanging out with some girls from the Blood Moon Pack.” I whispered.

“You were with the alpha weren’t you? Out of all people I had to get stuck with a whore as a mate. Just fucking great. You better get your ass to the cabin now!” he said. I was pissed. How dare he get mad at me and call me a whore when he’s the one who rejected me and sleeps around all the time when he has a girlfriend! He’s so aggravating! I swear he makes me want to pull my hair out.

“Yes sir. Sorry.” I mumbled out. He hung up the phone on me and I threw my phone against the passenger seat. I pulled out of the parking and started driving towards the cabin. Angry tears stung my eyes. I’ve been crying a lot these last few months.

I scoffed. Funny how I promised never to cry again and I break that promise by crying a lot.

I pull up to the impending cabin and brush away the remaining tears. I tentatively step out of the car and quietly shut the car door. I tip toed up the walkway and open the door quietly trying my best to not make a sound. I hear him pacing upstairs in the room.

I quickly but silently walk up the steps. Once at the top I take two deep breaths and I could already feel the numbness seeping its way into my mind and heart. My emotions slipped away but a tint of fear still sent nervous flutters in my stomach.

I opened the door and stepped in. Axel was pacing back and forth, running a hand through his hair. His muscles flexed and moved under his grey long sleeved thermal shirt, his leg muscles bunch and un-bunched under his black jeans. I could practically smell the arousal hanging off him and filling the room. His eyes held fury and lust and that’s what scared me most.

He heard me enter and stopped. He lifted his head towards me so fast I thought he’d get whiplash. His jaw locked and he narrowed his eyes in suspicion. He sniffed the air and his eyes widened but then narrowed again at me, accusing me. I cowered back against the door, my hand gripping the door knob so hard my knuckles turned white and an indent was left on it.

He stormed his way towards me and raised his hand. Upon reaching me he slapped me so hard my head whipped to the side. My bit my lip as tears sprang to my eyes. My check stung in pain. I gasped and fell to the floor. I brought my hand to my cheek and winced, groaning. He picked me up by my hair and pushed me against the wall. Hard.

I screamed in pain. He inched closer to my face. “You little slut. I can smell him on you. You belong to me and only me! How many other people are you screwing? I hope you’re ready to suffer the consequences.” He sneered in my face. His eyes burned with fury. I shook in fear, tears spilled out of my eyes.