Chapter 12- Proposition

I kept running, my breath grew too shallow pants. I stopped and leaned my back against a tree. I slid down it and put my head in my hands. My shallow breath turned to body-racking sobs.

Why is my life so complicated? Why must I suffer through so much pain? What have I ever done to deserve this? Fate is probably laughing at this moment; looking down on me and laughing.

I was to absorbed by my thoughts to hear heavy footsteps until it was too late. A growl sounded and fear ran my veins cold.

I lifted my head slowly and cautiously and bit off a shriek. There, a few inches away from my face- its pungent breath causing my stomach to roll- stood a familiar looking wolf.

It wasn’t Xander’s

It wasn’t Axel’s

It wasn’t any wolf from either of their packs.

But yet it was strangely familiar…

~

 “Just leave her alone! She doesn’t want any of this!” my mom shouted to what I presumed to be the alpha of the pack because he was the biggest wolf out of them. The alpha lunged and ripped my mom to pieces.

The alpha looked at me with terrifyingly striking and ominous green eyes. I shuddered and inched away. The alpha was black with red fur dotting it’s legs.

It laughed a wolf-y chuckle that made my blood run cold…

~

I paled as I looked into those same ominous, terrifyingly striking green eyes.

I couldn’t breathe- too afraid that I would smell the same scent from that night.

I know this alpha…

The alpha that killed my family…

The alpha that probably orchestrated the entire ordeal…

The alpha that came after me…

The alpha that probably now wants to finish the job…

I licked my dry lips and gulped audibly. My throat was painfully dry. I could feel myself shaking. A breeze ran through the air and I couldn’t hold my breath any longer. I inhaled deeply and gasped. Tears ran down my face as I covered my mouth with both hands. A painful sob shook my whole body. Grief that was just now lapping at me reared high and pulled me under.

His smell. It was him. He really did kill my family