Chapter 8- Confession

**Xander’s POV**

I sat at the dinner table waiting for Serenity. I could feel someone’s eyes on me but I honestly could care less. My thoughts swirled around my head but centered on word that could have me grinning from ear to ear.

Mate.

Serenity was the perfect mate and I was certainly glad she was mine but if the legend had anything to do with it she wouldn’t only be mine.

I took a sip of the white wine in my glass and looked around to see if Serenity was on her way back but It wasn’t until I felt my heart clench in fear and sadness that I realized everything was surely not fine.

Serenity speeded out of the hallway connecting to the bathrooms. The smile on my face instantly vanished as I saw tears flooding her face. I stood up abruptly and called out her name countless times.

“Serenity! Where are you going?!” my voice bellowed out in concern.

My eyes instantly looked toward the hallway to see Alpha Lykos walk out  and lean against the wall glaring in the direction Serenity had just ran from. Anger instantly washed through me as he glared intently in my mate’s direction with a tint of possessiveness.

What the hell is his deal?’ I snarled in my head.

‘I don’t know but let me out so I could rip him to shreds. He obviously made our mate cry!’ my wolf growled.

I felt myself growl as well and Axel’s head snapped towards me. His glare hardened and his yellow eyes flashed from yellow to navy blue. I felt my own eyed flash from gold to black. I stomped up to him and looked him square in the eye. He looked to be about 6 foot and I was glad I myself was 6’1.

“What did you do to her?” I asked low and menacingly.

“She can’t see you anymore.” he said menacingly.

“And why the hell not!?” I exclaimed quietly.

He looked away from my eyes and exhaled loudly. He clearly wasn’t going to answer me willingly. I was just about to move my arm back to punch him when I felt a wave of fear and pain roll through me knocking the breath out of me. My eyes widened in realization. I hardly noticed Axel’s form tensing up and the way his eyes widened in confusion.

I glared at Axel once more before running out of the restaurant. I searched for Serenity’s scent but couldn’t seem to find it. It was if she just up and disappeared.

“Serenity!” I yelled but only the music from the restaurant replied. I looked to the woods and instantly I knew. It was if a there was some sort of pull pulling me towards the woods.