Chapter 15- Figuring Things Out

The following week was blissful happiness. Xander has been nothing but amazing.

Axel has tried to talk to me a couple of times but Xander would always save me. He changed his schedule to be exactly like mine.

I woke up this morning with a smile. I felt around the bed for Xander’s sleeping body but found his usual spot cold. Wiping my eyes groggily I sat up and heard a crinkling noise. I looked towards the source of the noise and found a note.

Pack business. Missing school today but I should be back around noon.

I love you Serenity.

-      Xander

I frowned. I couldn’t help but feel an ominous aura in the air. I shrugged it off and got out of bed and trudged towards the bathroom to take a shower. I turned the shower handle towards hot and took my clothes off while the steam built up in the bathroom.

I jumped in and smiled to myself as I hummed my favorite song. The lullaby my mother used to sing to me. She had a beautiful voice and even said I inherited my voice from her. I never believed her. Her voice was always so angelic and melodic. Compared to hers I sounded mediocre. I rinsed off and dried myself off. I decided to dress a little more daring today and threw on jean shorts, nude flip flops, a pink tank, and a nude cardigan.

I left my brown hair to cascade down past my shoulders and to the small of my back. I smiled at my reflection. Just as I was about to open the door to leave, it was thrown open. I jumped back in surprise at a groggy Ariana who yanked me to her room. She took a look at my outfit and nodded then went digging in her closet. She pulled out nude wedges and a matching belt.

Ashanti got out of bed and yawned before stretching. She rubbed her eyes as she applied natural makeup which consisted of some mascara and blush. They both stepped back, their eyes still slightly lidded with sleep, to admire their work. They nodded and then literally kicked me out of their room. I looked back at the closed door and blinked in total surprise.

What the hell?

~~

My morning classes seemed incredibly boring since Xander wasn’t there to make me laugh.

I sighed and put my books away. It was only lunch and I had gotten at least dozens of stares. Stares ranging from lust to envy. I headed down the empty hallway that led to the outside tables where the girls were sitting.

I just rounded a corner when a hand shot out and dragged me into an empty classroom. I yelped in surprise and spun around to meet a very tired looking Axel.

He had dark circles under his eyes and his hair was extremely disheveled and strands stuck to his forehead. His eyes were bloodshot. I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Serenity.” He breathed as if my name alone was soothing and calming him down.

“What do you want Axel.” I bit each word out. They were hard and clipped and emotionless.

He flinched at my cold voice. “I want- no need you back Serenity.”

“You can’t want me back if you never truly had me in the first place, Axel.” I said blankly.

He looked pained. “Please I beg you Serenity. I-I love you.” Anger pulsed through me.

“You have no right to say those words to me. You lost it when you decided it would be fun to toy with me. To treat me like your plaything. To treat me like you owned me. To treat me like fucking crap. Damn it Axel!” I seethed. I was breathing hard.

He turned his head away from me and for a second I thought he was going to give up. I thought he was going to leave me alone. I thought he was going to surrender. But of course I was wrong.

His head snapped back to me, a new burning fire alit in his eyes. He gripped my shoulders.

“I love you. We belong together. Can’t you feel that? Those sparks? We’re mates Serenity! For goodness sake Serenity! Fate put us together. What are few mistakes? I even broke up with Tammy! I love you and don’t dare for a second think otherwise.” His arms slid from my shoulders and down my arms until he was gripping my hands.

I looked down to see his knuckles were bruised as if he had been hitting something. “Axel I-I don’t know what to tell you. But I don’t love you. Not anymore.” I could feel the sparks but they were so insignificant compared to the sparks I felt with Xander.

“You don’t love h-“ I cut him off.

My head sprang up and I glared at him. “I DO love Xander. He’s who I want to be with. And I think it’s time I told him that for real.” I snatched my hands out of his grasp and spun on my heel.

I just noticed why the classroom was so familiar even though I never had one class in here. This is the classroom that Axel rejected me in- the classroom that started it all. I threw one last hateful glare over my shoulder at Axel and ran out of the classroom through the entrance doors and all the way to the pack house. I checked my phone and it was close 1:00. Xander should be home. I smiled and ran towards my life line towards my true love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two More Chapters and then an Epilogue

Please remember to

VOTE

FAN

and COMMENT