Chapter 6- Preparing

I woke up and stretched. I looked towards the clock and took my time getting out of bed since it was only 7:30. I had to cook breakfast for the pack seeing as I was their servant girl. Since it was the weekend I had to have the food ready by nine o’clock. I went into my small bathroom and grabbed a long ragged robe. It’s really sad to say that it was actually my best robe.

I threw my hair into a messy bun to not get any hair in the food. I decided to make French toast, eggs, bacon, and pancakes. After about an hour of cooking I could hear people upstairs getting ready for breakfast. I finished and rushed out to the dining room to set the table. I finished just in time to see everyone on their way down the steps smelling the food.

I rushed back out and grabbed my small plate of food and went back up to my room. I ate in silence as I just looked out of my only window. I lived in the attic so I had a great view of the woods and the lake not too far from here. I watched in amazement as the little animals played around in the forest and the children of the pack played tag in the backyard.

In about an hour I headed downstairs and cleaned up and washed the dishes. I walked back upstairs and grabbed a book off a stack of them near my bed.

I was reading until I heard my phone ring. I looked up and squinted my eyes at the clock. It was… 3:30!? Wow I was reading for four and a half hours. I reached for my phone and answered it. I put it on speaker so I could stretch my muscles feeling stiff from not moving.

“Serenity it’s me Ariana!” she said enthusiastically.

“Hey.” I said less enthusiastically.

“You know we heard about your date today right?” she said slyly. I totally forgot about my date today! I smiled and jumped up and down in excitement. I did a little happy dance around my room until I stopped at a sudden thought.

‘I don’t have anything to wear!’ I thought in a panic.

“I don’t have anything to wear. What am I going to do?” I groaned in frustration as I collapsed back on the bed, my hair releasing itself from the hair tie and splaying out behind me onto the pillows.

“Don’t worry about it. Just come over after you take a nice long shower and bring the stuff you bought yesterday. Knowing you, you probably didn’t even unpack them into your closet.” She said teasingly.

I was about to retort with a witty comeback when my eyes strayed over to the bags in the corner of my small room. I quickly shut my mouth and sighed in defeat.

“Alright I’ll see you in an hour.” I hung up and walked into the bathroom. I turned the water on and walked back out into my room while waiting for it to get hot. I grabbed a pair of sweats, an oversized white t-shirt, and a baggy hoodie, my usual ensemble.

I went back in and undressed myself, jumping into the shower. I relaxed instantly at the calming and soothing feel of the hot water.